Check this out!!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry... Those are Monroe Monro-Matic Plus 33272 replacement shocks for the 210.  It's a long story, but for almost two weeks I kept hearing this weird creaking noise from the back.  I chalked it up to something being loose in the trunk and ignored it.  Little D has a rough ride right now because the struts need to be replaced, and I didn't put two and two together that the ride was a lot worse than it should have been.  When I finally decided to strip the trunk and solve the creak, I realized the noise was coming from under the trunk.  I figured that Sears had left something a little loose in the install, so I looked up under and found the shock to be split.  Sears was horrified, and promptly gave me Gabriel shocks and my money back.

It's in Project because 1) This is on my 79 210 project, and 2) I'm a Newb so I don't exactly know where to put certain things.  

No worries. Project Datto is usually reserved for build threads only. This would probably have fit better in General Tech, maybe even suspension.

Eh, sounds like you came out ahead, money back and still new shocks. Sometimes misfortune leads to great fortune.

• Like 1