centerforce clutch kit for L20b

DATSUN671

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never order from center force, but in my recent experience ordering a stage1 clutch masters kit I received the pressure plate, clutch disc, alignment tool, and TO bearing. I think this is what your should typically expect, just make sure that you order the right size, i.e. 225mm... you'll more than likely need to retain your existing TO sleeve, i did. hope this helps a little bit. someone else will have to give you the run down on centerforce specifically.

would a stage 2 centerforce clutch pressure plate and disc work well with a stock throw out bearing and a pliot bearing?

and has anyone order from centerforce? also whats included in the clutch kit?

thank for the help :thumbup:

If the kit does not come with the bearing get a new one. Always replace this 'high wear hard to get at' part.

most kits come with the bearing.

I would think the Daiken would be better

http://performance.importrp.com/exedy_clutch/exedy_racing_stage_1_organic_clutch_kit/06805a/i-34392.aspx

I bought a stage 1 Centerforce and find out it was a stock 510 pressureplate painted gold and soem cheezzy weights installed. if the motor reved to 10K it might have added 10 more pounds of clamping force. I cant verify on the stag 2s from Centerforce.

But the Daiken stag 1 should be more than enough clamping force for a L motor.

buy a spare disc and T/O bearing since you live on a island. The pressur plates last forever.

Buy a new slave cylinder or a couple of them as the stonger pedal pressure might kill the old slave.

I'm not sure it would wear out noticeably faster than normal.

But I can tell you that just before deployment I had to replace the clutch in my Frontier. I ordered mine from Clutchmasters and it came with a new throwout bearing as well. When I upgraded the clutch and flywheel on my MR-2 it also came with a new throw out bearing (and iirc a pilot bushing as well). I think it is generally standard practice that new clutches come with the throwout bearing and pilot bushing (where applicable).