Pic's of your Z

LAYEDOUTB2K

depression

Yeah. Thats my orange tool box. I was getting a condensor and other parts from it. There were a dozen of them rotting away like that. Unwanted, forgotten. Photo190.jpgIts a strange feeling to visit them. Sad and happy at the same time. Im always there alone with the cars. Its like Im the last aparition that comes to run their hand along the fender, open a door, before they vanish. Ive become fond of them and have started to photograph them. Z car people are horrified and interested in the photos at the same time. There are other kinds of vehicles I photograph too. Anyone want to see a couple?
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Thats my orange tool box. I was getting a condensor and other parts from it. There were a dozen of them rotting away like that. Unwanted, forgotten. Photo190.jpg

that makes me so sad

i convinced an old dude to hand me a rhd 280z cuz he was gonna crush it...i litterally cried when he said that, showd him the datsun tattoo and he was like ill get back to you...so now i get to go pick up a 77rhd either tomorrow or tuesday :)

• Like 1

That is good news S30kid. I know a guy that is familiar with the jdm cars. If you need something and have a hard time, ask me, I may be able to help. You seem a lot like me. I intentionally get the ones that nobody wants to fix, wreck damage, rot, etc. I save them. I have the time and skill, so why not? One day I will post some before and after photos.

Yeah. Thats my orange tool box. I was getting a condensor and other parts from it. There were a dozen of them rotting away like that. Unwanted, forgotten. Photo190.jpgIts a strange feeling to visit them. Sad and happy at the same time. Im always there alone with the cars. Its like Im the last aparition that comes to run their hand along the fender, open a door, before they vanish. Ive become fond of them and have started to photograph them. Z car people are horrified and interested in the photos at the same time. There are other kinds of vehicles I photograph too. Anyone want to see a couple?

Save all the Z cars? :bye:

• Like 1

Huh. S30s dont make good drift cars from what Ive heard. It doesnt matter I guess, as long as you have fun

Ya they don't but people like to find out things the hard way lol

I see that. I believe thats the new fad. Times are changing. Used to be you wanted your car to look like a lot of labor and money went into it, classy. High gloss paint you can fix your hair in, shiny chrome, and your motor was just as clean and ran as good or better than your car looked. Nowadays, its 7 cans of spray paint, partially disassembled, missing on 2 cylinders, and you have the effect of a teenager with an allowance. I dont get it, dont want to. Nothing quite like blowing their doors off with a nice one. The best part is when they are so hypnotized by my car that I tree them at the light. Damn kids.

I see that. I believe thats the new fad. Times are changing. Used to be you wanted your car to look like a lot of labor and money went into it, classy. High gloss paint you can fix your hair in, shiny chrome, and your motor was just as clean and ran as good or better than your car looked. Nowadays, its 7 cans of spray paint, partially disassembled, missing on 2 cylinders, and you have the effect of a teenager with an allowance. I dont get it, dont want to. Nothing quite like blowing their doors off with a nice one. The best part is when they are so hypnotized by my car that I tree them at the light. Damn kids.

Bwhahahaha xD

• Like 1

Its true and they can laugh at that but then they have to go back to their non running or busted as shit ride in the driveway. Because its very rare kids with the style pull it off.

I'll say though I love the between stages of a proper build. Staying streetable while transitioning, rocking and even embracing the the grittiness is fine by me. I have no will to make my z a show car, I rock it and street park it in greater NYC every chance I get while improving it. I'll be damned if I would drive or respect some, on purpose, flat multicolor, slammed POS though. Its turned into a fad to try and be cool looking like you dont care. Poser bullshit if you ask me...... At the end of the day any asshole can rock a POS thats slammed and looks like garbage, there is no badge of honor there taking the easy way out in some hipsterish need to seem cool.

People can do w/e they like with their cars though that just how I see things.

• Like 2

to stressful owning a classy looking car, better to buy something that looks like a beater, lot less likely to get your car stolen, I seem of loacated one of my dreams cars though XD, I'll talk more of that later though.

I totally agree. And if that was a jab at my build, it was in completely poor taste, as it will not stay like this for long. It will be painted, and not with rattle cans, but a professional airgun in a paint booth. The lowered part, yes, I will still be lowered by thats not to say it's a POS. Granted it won't be show room quality, and by no means will it be created to suit a fad or anyone else's opinion of how a Z should look, because as long as I love it and cherish it, I give zero fucks as to what anyone else has to say about it.

And the laughing was because I was agreeing with what he stated. If I had the money for a complete strip down and re-build, I'd jump on it in a heart beat. But since I'm not made of money, I'll do what I can and love every minute of it, running or not.

My post was in no way a jab at anyone here. Sorry if it seemed that way. My 72 was flat black lol. My good friends s30 is so slammed he can barely drive it. I dont hate on anyone or 2 things or w/e its just the fad going around and that seems to be finding a lot of attention and copy cats that I dont care for. I dont need to name names either we all see what Im referring to online, speed hunters and shit feature them all the time. Oh you welded right over paint and decided to rock flash soot, how artistic and gritty you must be, you bad ass street warrior you!, Fucking save it, that shit is amateur hour in my eyes.

I too wasnt attacking anyone here in specific, just calling it like I see it. Im not made of money either, and it took many years to get my 260 looking and running good. Its something Im proud of for good reason. Countless hours of research. Patched the floors. My paint looks like a $3k job, but it was me that stripped the car, sealed it, did all the bodywork, me and a friend painted it in a basement, wet sanded, buffed. It not only looks good, but also properly protects the metal. Im a newb at mechanical so I let a man with 25 years of L engine experience rebuild the motor. I know when to step aside. I plan on getting a book and tools and learn, but untill then, I let an expert do his thing. I went through and did as much as I could. Wires, cleaning, rebuilding, replacing, and getting parts from all over the place, even Canada and Kuwait. And I enjoyed driving it around in primer for so long. To see ignorant people do it Wrong causing more harm than good, the lazy and cheap way then say how much they like it really gets on my nerves. What are they proud of? The ignorance or the cheapness? Like Jay said, at the end of the day, they still have a POS. The sad part is that they are missing out on the genuine pride that comes from doing it the right way and seeing the rewarding results of hard work.

i do like the ratty look, but my 240 isnt going to be ratty, its gonna have a nice paint job, decent wheels and its gonna run well, its going to be my daily again. i have another z thats going to be my project that i can make mistakes with and learn what i can and cannot do...but hey at least i already know i cant do efi! lmao. wires and i do not get along hahaha

Well, here is the "Black" as it rolls now. I just can't decide on paint! It was going to be sky blue, then midnight blue, then metallic Kawasaki green, then gloss black, then white, now back to sky blue again!! Anyone with photoshop skill?

Anyway, here she is.........

100_3486.jpg

This is now my brother's. His burned to a crisp and I felt bad for him so I gave him this chassis. The engine was traded for a blue 280z that I gave to my nephew. I've been gone for a bit because, well, there's been nothing new to report. But now there is!!

I will take possession of this 260 on Friday. Hopefully, this will be the last one I have to own. It will be painted a sinister gloss black next summer. I love how 'old school' it looks, right out of the 80's!

480816_338250222929216_795804510_n.jpg

405436_338250299595875_528221031_n.jpg

Kaminari 3 port, nice. That airdam looks good with a bumper to complete the look. Black dragon sells new 260z front bumper face bars for a sweet price. It would look perfect with your Kaminari air dam. Which fender flares are those? What size wheel and tire?

I actually do have the bumper. This air dam doesn't work for me as far as the look of the car. I have the regular poly air dam that is more 'period correct' for what I am doing. This one is going on my nephews zcar.

Naw... That should be going on my car. Your nephew needs a urethane one. You know he is going to nerf a sleeping policeman and bust it up. Then where is he at? Pulling on your shirt to fix it and repaint it. You get that fiberglass itch when you gring it. Sticks to your arms and neck. Seriously, send me a fair price in a PM. lets hash it out. I have things to trade too. Remeber, I work at a body shop. Think of a pure black base. Nice thick clear that you can wet sand... pPg... mmmmm. Trade, good! San Maru, friend! :)