talk me out of it!

Guest 510kamikazifreak

:thumbup:

Time will tell, maybe the rent for the shop will be too much,and I can scratch that.

But this year that grey car is getting painted,somewhere..had it 3 years,and the time is now :sneaky:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

You don`t need skills,,, just remember to keep moving and bend your legs.

We are in the process of painting one of my sons cars and it is very time consuming and expensive to just do a half ass good job.

:rofl:

So all I learned in tech school(apprentice) was a waste of time...dammit

But yeh, its not rocket science, timing , fluid flow ,etc

Materials are insane now, I have been pricing ..getting ready to do the grey car..

and that shits gone up alot

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Isocyanate sensitivity is one of the biggest hidden damages, that one can have from not wearing proper respirators,fresh air mask is one of the best,but costly

Respirators with a good filter do the trick

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Both sides are actually good, the roof is a little patina from sitting for 8 years. Few scratches and dings but, gives her personality

Looks great to me Jayden :thumbup:

i got a shit load of super glue on my hand like two hours ago... that shits so annoying to get off haha. anywhooo im plasti dipping my mirriors that i picked up at a pick 'n pull right now and am going to use as fender mirrors until i find i nice set of chrome ones that i like. 

I'd definitely suggest going matte if you do it yourself. I've done a couple of panels on my car using Montana black matte halloween orange, and it looks pretty good closeup or from faraway! I used high build primer underneath.

IMG_1913_zps89faeb1a.jpg

IMG_1922_zpsf6917534.jpg

Montana black link- http://www.montana-cans.com/

ill definatly look in to that link man, thanks :) 

cool!

paint job in my town, best quote ive gotten is 2k

got a quote in tijuana, profesional paint job (el indio) well know place, sanded to metal, prepped and sprayed (dupont) and buffed $750 usd, oh and done in 10 days

alot of hot rodders from the states take it there, but it can be risky

ill definatly look in to that link man, thanks :)

No problem!

seem like a reasonable price mottomatic?

http://www.thepaintyard.com/shopexd.asp?id=954

how many do you think i would need? i want to do my roof white as well

I bought 14 cans, and so far I've averaged about 2 cans per panel (even on the hood). I'm not sure if I'll need to order more or not, but I'm betting it's gonna be close. Because I'm doing it panel by panel though I can always order more if I get too low. I'd suggest keeping a can in your garage as well for doing touch ups. 

I did buy the standard sized cans though (400 ml.). The one you linked is the extended can, and that's 600 ml. I bought 5600 ml of paint total, and if you were to buy that amount of paint in extended cans it'd around be 9-10 cans.

I can't say this about other colors because I don't know for sure, but with mine it went on really well and uniformly when I held the can a couple of feet away and just kinda misted the entire panel. I did 3 light coats and it came out great!

Edit: That price looks pretty normal, I think it'd be tough getting them cheaper than that. the standard cans are cheaper, but that extended can is probably a better deal price to quantity-wise