New to Ratsun

Palmer765s

Hi all just thought I would throw in some of my info and maybe get some advice from ya guys.

My car = 76 Datsun 280Z

My progress= gave up on the l28e ( tried for 3 months on trying to get it running) pulled it last weekend and picked up a ka24e. :) I am dead set on this swap so please don't say its a stupid thing to do or you should keep the l28e and turbo it. Im ferry familiar with this motor as I had a 89 Nissan 240sx in the past and I do know their potential and readily availability of aftermarket susport compared to the L motor. Have almost every thing for the swap and I'm having a local shop custom make the motor and tranny mounts instead of buying the McKinney mount kit. Plan on going turbo with it around the end of summer or sooner. Just like to see some positive remarks on my build will post up some pictures once I take some new ones. Thanks all !

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks every one and I know what you mean speed office I'm not sending out the car to a shop so they can do every thing I'll have my hand in a good bit of it if all ready done a lot of body work /shaving with te bumpers and some emblems and plan on painting every thing my self as I have with my other cars in the past when I get home from work this weekend I'll upload pics ! Must say people here are a lot more open minded then hybrid Z

• Like 1

Must say people here are a lot more open minded then hybrid Z

HBZ is like being at the office, lots of good info there but you have to put your tie on and watch your step.

Ratsun... is more like fucking around in the garage with a few buddies and beers.

• Like 1

the day i got it home and washed it :)

8663558864_74799d0d54.jpg
Untitled by palmer765s, on Flickr

8662464075_1f9e76dd9c.jpg

my Finace taking off the rear wheels for me to help me bleed the brakes :)

8663561760_7aee946a74.jpg

first thing  i did body wise was gut those heavy ass bumpers an smooth out and fill holes :)

8663562510_058d9b3af9.jpg

little gheto bumper i made for inspection out of heavy DOM tubing lol

8662466195_b6dd84e1cc.jpg

full body in primer bout to be painted Artic White by me

8662466799_ea832cdcc9.jpg

cut springs just as a tempoary fix to the the crazy high ride height soon to be sitting on DC2 coilovers !

8662468355_6368f17160.jpg

just a little side project im working on. and yes it is hard wood flooring :)

8663565778_ec2c632c85.jpg

picked up this old set of eniki meshies in 14x8 with 0 offset when i picked up all my ka swap stuff :P cant wait till i get some 15x9s all around with 0 offset

8663567480_6f1af5a9ce.jpg

More pics to come repainting the bay this weekend while i have the motor out before it comes time to drop the ka in :)