610 parts for sale

72nismo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some prices arent to bad some are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over priced like the 600 dollar 73 coupe grill

just saw that its nos which brings the price up some but when i consider i bought an entire nos front clip for 250 still think the price is a little high

That sss grille is ballin! would look sick on a 74+

It requires a '73 bottom valence (behind bumper/below grille) to make it work. The 74+ has the spots in the metal for the turn signals where the 73 does not.

no that wouldnt the valance will clear the grill but the bumper will not unless you have the "transitional" bumper that came on early 74 cars the 73 bumper brackets and bumper will not work with a 74 valance  found this out the hard way 

• Like 1

1A610FrontClip.jpg

If you look at the valence above, the turn signals are below the grille, as they are on all mid-74+ 610s...the 73 and early early 74 are the only years with the correct valence for the SSS grille.

And if there is further confusion, I will be happy to grab my SSS grille and both a 73 front valence and a 74+ valence and take some pictures... ;)

If by 'ghetto rigged' you are filling in two turn signal holes or leaving them wide open...then proceed.

I prefer the clean, factory installed look. The only way it works is without the front bumper...and if you are not running a front bumper, it could cost the life of that very rare SSS grille.

Observe

101_1957A_zps94eda022.jpg

The grille above is the SSS grille.

The top half of the photo is the SSS grille with a 73 valence. Note the "tighter fit" at the bottom of the grille. 

The bottom half of the photo is the same SSS grille with a 74 valence. The turn signals and the bottom tongue of the late grille fits in that open space. Again, sure, you could "ghetto rig" this, but I think the mounting tabs and holes for the later valence would require some form of correction that would have to be addressed.

• Like 1

I think if you shaved the center top mounting tabs and left it open it would look pretty cool and serve some ducting benefit :rofl:

Also the rest of the world never got park benches, just the later style headlights/grille/valance right? I think Australia did but even then it was different from ours???

I would say the tabs are there for support. The center tab attaches to the center of the core support. I wouldn't want it flapping in the breeze. 

The parts are rare individually...having the parts altogether needed for a conversion like this is like having genuine rocking horse poop in your hands...

I would say the tabs are there for support. The center tab attaches to the center of the core support. I wouldn't want it flapping in the breeze. 

The parts are rare individually...having the parts altogether needed for a conversion like this is like having genuine rocking horse poop in your hands...

This is correct. The center tab attaches to d center core. The 2 other tabs attach to d blinker lights.

You can shave all 3 tabs as long as you use a 'L' bracket that can screw the bottom valiance to d center core. & as long as you have d 73 bumper for you blinkers.

Richard (ProjectFeint),  you can have you hoses running up to that opening when you do get your oil cooler.

There is no opening on the 73 valence it's just flush, though that is a nice idea... As much as I don't want to lose my high beams It's getting routed through there

Why not through the holes to the left and right, behind the turn signals. This would optimize cooling efficiency for the oil cooler.

Why not through the holes to the left and right, behind the turn signals. This would optimize cooling efficiency for the oil cooler.

I completely forgot about those holes! It goes to the fender well, but it would be possible to run it through the small opening by the strutrod mounts.

Also how would it make the flow better? The cooler is already going to be external :P