newb. l20b, 5 speed clutch options

a2lowvw

i guess i need some help/clarification.

I am putting a l20b into my 521 with a longtail (260z) 5speed. i wasn't smart enough to pull the flywheel when i pulled the tranny from the jy. I plan on using my "truck"  ... i know everyone says use exedy clutches but I am left with options. It appears I can use a 200mm flywheel and run a roadster clutc, 225mm flywheel and clutch and a 240mm clutch from the newer ka's.

Logic says use the largest clutch assembly possible to have the most surface area, although something with a higher clamping rate on the pressure plate also raises question to use

seems like one of the cheapest options for flywheel

http://www.allreplacement.com/product/3856

and this seems to be the cheapest option for clutch flywheel combo

http://gripforce.com/product/exedy-oem-clutch-kit-and-f1-oem-flywheel-nissan-pathfinder-720-d21-pickup-2.0l-2.4l.html

the reason i am asking is i don't have a flywheel ;)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking 240mm is overkill

a varible here is the Throw out collor to get with the clutch set up.If wrong size youll be pulling the trans again.

im sure the 240 is way more clutch than it would ever need. however price and availablitiy is nice. i do have a couple throwout bearing collars that i have pulled from the wrecking yards...

$175 for new flywheel too? I'd say go for it. Says it fits 1983 - 1986 Nissan 720 Pickup (2.4L SOHC 4cyl, 2WD; 4WD) so it will fit the L20B crank. Probably 29 pound if from a truck. But so what truck 225mm are 29 pound also.

You will need a pilot bushing in the end of the crank, about $3.