69 510 guage voltage regulator

What does it keep the voltage between? It sounds like 6-8v from another post.

Where do it's wires connect on the cluster?

I don't have one, so my fuel and temp gauges don't work and have not worked since i bought the car. I'm wondering if it's something i can make since i don't see them available anywhere.

It's not part of my wiring harness and i don't see any connectors for it. I don't see exactly where it would connect to the back of the cluster either.....

Also... does the cluster ground via the screws that hold it in?

I have good continuity to everything, but no gauges/bulbs light up. The harness was in really bad shape when i bought the car so i replaced the harness and i'm trying to finish up the gauges. Here's a pic so you can see exactly what i'm talking about.

560118_10200432059835643_978805189_n.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you need a pic with more light 

there is 2 terminals that the regulator mounts on and is held on with one screw which also grounds it 

68 cluster has the silver rectangle box near the speedo input

photobucket-37675-1366087900912_zpsc9a40

69 cluster below does not have the same placement or even a place that looks like it should be there

photobucket-38317-1366087915756_zps91f24

When testing, did you just hook up power to one side and ground to the other to test?

yes I believe power went to both gauges. when given the same amount of voltage the BOTH would move the same amount. then I knew my sender was bad at the gas gauge. Find out inside of sender was grouning out. as the solde joint on top was bad causing the gauge to angle in the hole. thuse shorting.

8 volts. Charge voltage varies from 11 to 14.8 as you know when idling in the rain at night with the heater on and the headlights dim with the turn signal. The gauges would read higher or lower as well so a regulated 8 volts is used. 9 would likely work and may be just slightly higher. As none of the Datsun gauges have numbers and are more for noticing when they operate outside their usual range, just get used to the new normal run range