Finally got my first 510

dieseldog49

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will run off of the battery until there isn't enough voltage to power the ignition. Get a multimeter, of a voltmeter and see how much voltage there is when the car is running, if its less than 13 there is probly something wrong with the alternator

Ok, finally had some time to work on the 510, I did as you said and at idle I was getting 12.42 fromt he battery, at higher revs it was the same, so I went to the alternator and checked there. Same voltage so I figured the Alt was the problem, swapped it for another and it didn't change anything. I took the battery and the Alternator in and they both test out fine. Not sure where to go from here.

If by chance you have a spare volt reg lying around? I always do .

If anything ck the fuse box area reseat the plugs there.

I think you would get 12 volt on one of the pins of the T connector when key is ON.

Another guy on here had a bad wire under the tape by the volt reg I think. But I guess this would be ez to OHM out using a meter if the wire was bad.

Im only guessing now.

I had a 521 where the connection was bad in back of the instrument panel. I reseat the plug and then it charged up fine after that. I asusme the 12volts looped thru the instrument panel then went to energize the alternator. But it would pop a fuse when it did this. Im not sure it this would be the same for a 510 instrument wiring.

I assume your ignition light comes ON.