datsun thailand fb post

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Are they re-manufactured?

I would think they are,alot of this type of stuff is flooding the market now.

they have been buying up oem stuff like crazy in the past year.

To make there money

We are going to have to face it, they are not manufacturing OEM parts for our Datsuns anymore, so someone has to make them.

No one over here in the USA is doing it except for a few guys, and their stuff is not cheap, the guy I buy my 521 windshield gaskets from pays more for them(each piece) than the overseas guys are selling their stuff for shipped, if someone in the USA is selling them cheap over here, they are from overseas.

What I see in the photos above is someone possibly making 620 hubcaps, no one over here in the USA is doing it.

I bought two sets of the NL320 taillight lenses made in the USA, the red set was poor quality, the clear set were crap, the red hides the bubbles better than clear, the overseas manufacturers do not have the market cornered on crap.

BTW, I remember when the stuff made in Japan was CRAP.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

The way I see it.

We all complain about this and that.

In the real world you get what you pay for.

And thus the dollar stores made it big..why,....because its cheap

I cringe at the fact,that is what it has become,but it has..

60's, 70's Japan stuff was good stuff...

Yeah, as long as its quality I dont care who makes it. Thailand isnt the only place that makes crap... Ive picked up a few things from them since Ive had Minty and some of it is decent. As already stated, unless something happens Stateside Thai parts are where the future of our builds are going to go. NOS part supplies will only hold out for so long. 

The way I see it.

We all complain about this and that.

In the real world you get what you pay for.

And thus the dollar stores made it big..why,....because its cheap

I cringe at the fact,that is what it has become,but it has..

60's, 70's Japan stuff was good stuff...

I agree, you do get what you pay for these days, and I only buy one thing at the dollar stores, reading glasses, i likely have 20 pair floating around the house.  :lol:

I have to say that Japan made some real crap back in the 60s, that's why we looked for "made in USA" back then, but I am not talking about vehicles, I am talking about cameras, telescopes, ect, if you wanted quality, you bought a US product.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I agree, you do get what you pay for these days, and I only buy one thing at the dollar stores, reading glasses, i likely have 20 pair floating around the house.  :lol:

I have to say that Japan made some real crap back in the 60s, that's why we looked for "made in USA" back then, but I am not talking about vehicles, I am talking about cameras, telescopes, ect, if you wanted quality, you bought a US product.

:lol:

Early 60's maybe..The later 60's and 70's they ruled the electronics market,went back to shit in early 80's

Now the electronics , just suck...I want my rotary phone :lol: :lol:

We are going to have to face it, they are not manufacturing OEM parts for our Datsuns anymore, so someone has to make them.

No one over here in the USA is doing it except for a few guys, and their stuff is not cheap, the guy I buy my 521 windshield gaskets from pays more for them(each piece) than the overseas guys are selling their stuff for shipped, if someone in the USA is selling them cheap over here, they are from overseas.

What I see in the photos above is someone possibly making 620 hubcaps, no one over here in the USA is doing it.

I bought two sets of the NL320 taillight lenses made in the USA, the red set was poor quality, the clear set were crap, the red hides the bubbles better than clear, the overseas manufacturers do not have the market cornered on crap.

Yep..I remember back in the days when people whould make fun of anything that came fro Japan..how funny things turn out.  The other thing is the global market today and whoever can manufacture cheaper, they have the market share.  Imagine if the Ipods or Iphones were manufactured in the US, then it will be too expensive for the consumer. 

BTW, I remember when the stuff made in Japan was CRAP.