NORRIS CAM

dropdatsun

Ok i purchase a 72 510 wagon mid last year. And im bearly getting around to work on it. I pulled the l20b that came with it so i can put in the 2.3lz that i build, and i notice that it had a norris 327 cam but i cant seem to find anything online for a inline 4 i did find a forum of a guy that had a norris 327 on a inline 6. I Was wondering if u guy know anything about these cams or if anyone running one on the datsuns.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way to get specs on a cam is to pull it out and send it off to be measured by a cam grinder. I know a guy here if you're interested.

Do you like the cam? Does it pull where you want it to? What are you trying to achieve by obtaining cam specs? Maybe valve lash? Probably .010"/.010".

Im just trying to achieve good overall power. I will be driving the wagon all summer i just cant decide on the nissan motorsports cam that is 270 duration .475 valve lift or the norris cam that i just found out that i have. The loobs on the nissan cam seem to be pointer and some what longer than the norris just by looking at it

Im just trying to achieve good overall power. I will be driving the wagon all summer i just cant decide on the nissan motorsports cam that is 270 duration .475 valve lift or the norris cam that i just found out that i have. The loobs on the nissan cam seem to be pointer and some what longer than the norris just by looking at it

So I'm still not sure if the cam is in a running motor, and if it works. Is it in your car now?