Trying to get my 620 dash apart. A few ?'s

I'm trying to get the bezel off on my 620, and I have all the screws out, but I can't figure out how to get the damn wiper knob off without breaking something  :confused: Also can't manage to figure out how to get the damn cigarette lighter out of the front without further cracking the bezel. I got the cigarette lighter tabs in the inside pulled up that look like they're holding it to the dash, but not even a wiggle. 

Any insight?? 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cig lighter:

reach hand behind and loosen power wire out. then turn the assembly from the back (lefty loosey), if the fronts spinning use a flat head or something to keep it from spinning. The ciggerette lighter is 2 pieces (threaded together) and one half is holding it in from the back.

wiper knob:

pull it out all the way. Grab the shaft with vice grips or pliars. while pulling that shaft towards you, push knob in, and turn a quarter turn and it falls off....

cig lighter:

reach hand behind and loosen power wire out. then turn the assembly from the back, if the fronts spinning use a flat head or something to keep it from spinning. The ciggerette lighter is 2 pieces and one half is holding it in from the back.

wiper knob:

pull it out all the way. Grab the shaft with vice grips or pliars. while pulling that shaft towards you, push knob in, and turn a quarter turn and it falls off....

Thanks! I'll go give it a shot! 

Pull some speedo slack into the engine bay and then you can pull the gauge cluster towards you more. Hey, get monkeygirl's little fingers up there!

It was just tight :P 

OH and I don't think Monkeygirl will be much help here, she's back down in FL for a few months again