How often do 620 Dually fenders pop up?

WCHLVR

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is steriods creation.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://community.ratsun.net/topic/12236-severance-day-not-what-you-think/page-3&sa=U&ei=aZY5UYegLPTo2gXbgYHYBg&ved=0CAgQFjAAODA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNF5Lsf5K_Tmc1Ev87rojsw4vz5INg

Dually fenders for small trucks are few and far between, I have had a hardbody set shipped from AZ in the past.

I bought a set from a toyota, then modified them to fit my 720.

All the 620 dually fenders I have ever seen were aftermarket, I have only seen one 720 set of dually fenders in a photo at a NV wrecking yard, I would suspect they were aftermarket also, but they had the proper body lines.

These are the toyota fenders I mentioned on my 720 dually.

DSCN0959.JPG

Thanks Wayno. Understood they were all aftermarket as well. IIRC they were made by the same folks that made the step side conversions for all the little trucks.

I wish these were it was as easy as using C30 fenders Zee. While these do have a very simalar shape to the C30 fenders, the C30 fenders are too big to fit our little trucks. These fenders were all manufactured specifically to fit the 620 as an aftermarket dually conversion.

Another example-

datsun6204door4.jpg

I have seen 1947-53 chevy truck stepside fenders cut and re-welded back together smaller, but that would take a lot of time, and the fenders are not cheap themselves.

Fact is I have a set of 620 dually fenders, but I paid a lot of money for them($400.00), and I don't see ever using that set now, as I have purchased a set of chevy luv stepside fenders that will work way better, I also have a set of what I believe is hardbody fenders, or maybe it was 720, I can't remember now, but I had them shipped from AZ a few years ago and before I had them in my hands I had $200.00 into them, both these sets have some kind of damage, but so did the toyota fenders on my dually, so I fixed them.

I have collected these parts over the years because I like small dually trucks, and they are very hard to find, I will let both these sets go for what I have into them, but don't try to dicker with me, it will just piss me off, and I will keep them.

If you want photos, I can dig them out and take photos.

I know that I paid a lot of money for the 620 fenders, but it was the only set I had ever seen separate from a vehicle that I would not have to buy a whole vehicle to get, and I paid $400.00 for the toyota dually fenders also, I had to buy the whole truck to get them.

I was more gauging the availablity and pricing, I too have a fasination with the little duallys. I have been wanting to build a dually VW Rabbit Pickup/Caddy for MANY MANY years. The cost of any decent aftermarket fenders and then having to mod them has kept me from commiting to this venture.

• 1 year later...