72 620 auto tranny and ac

bigman420

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome...this truck is Badass...one owner...has 93k original miles, dash looks brand new it hasn't seen daylight on 20+yrs, has factory service manual on front seat...original everything on truck except the bench seat....i posted pics on fb group page...i do this off my phone is hard to upload pics to the forum...gonna pay less than a thousand hopefully...it came from dealership in Mississippi...old man telling me it first one to ever be sold easy of California...with those options....

Rare is a term people like throwing around. If you consider anything thrown on by the dealer to sell rare, then it is. Chances are the original buyer had the dealer install aftermarket a/c for his comfort. Almost everything added on was never put on at the factory, unlike new cars now. Just about everything is standard now, especially a/c because now everybody wants it. Back then, foreign cars were nothing but bare bones to keep it cheap to sell cars. I doubt you could factory order a car. You just had to hope they could find one the color you want and the transmission you wanted, then have the dealer add creature comforts like a/c and radio at the dealership.

It didn't come from the factory with air conditioning until '79 (maybe '78) Any earlier 620s with air had it installed as a dealer option. The 620 may have been made as early as April, maybe slightly sooner, in '72 but was a '73 model. If yours was made in '72 it's simply just an early, old 620 same as the later '73s. Look on the drivers door post.... the month and year will be stamped there. The automatic was available and somewhat rare, I've never seen one. It makes it easier to drive if you are disabled or a woman. Now don't all you women get bent over this! This is 40 years ago and most women drove and preferred automatics. Women are totally capable of driving a stick... just sayin'

Haha ok...well that brochure pic is exactly like the interior of truck i getting same vents, knobs, auto shifter console....as the bottom pic....and its all like brand new.....my name is bradley h. On fb group i repost pics so you can see if you want