720 ST power window doors

DREWSDIME

I got some 720 ST doors with power windows from the yard, but the driver side door has some slight damage and window was busted. The windows look the same as regular non power windows anyone know if they are the same. I have yet taken apart door to figure out yet I just got them today. Also will I need the harness from the ST truck or should my truck already have it?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also want to know about the harness.

Which harness?

Both elec doors plug in above the kicks....drivers side to relay/power etc.

The 'harness' that runs the passenger door is in the main harness....which is pretty much impossible to remove intact

I just clipped the plug-in(s) off the stock harness and soldered them to new wires...<... pass. side of the truck

IIRC

Edited by Sealik

Thanks for the reply Sealik. I think what we're asking is, will these doors work with our non electric door harness? I have an ST without the power windows and locks. Will my harness already have the connections needed for the doors? Also, if i picked up a set off power doors at the junkyard would i need to get any part of the harness? Thanks for the help!!

Yeah thats what I was getting at. I have the complete door with the harness and plug still attached, do I need to go back and get the other half of the plug? Or would it be easier to just get the whole dash harness from the ST truck? Or is the plus already here in my non ST truck? I got the doors from Ecology in Riverside, trust me Im in the junk yards alot and it has taken me forever to find these.

Yeah thats what I was getting at. I have the complete door with the harness and plug still attached, do I need to go back and get the other half of the plug? Or would it be easier to just get the whole dash harness from the ST truck? Or is the plus already here in my non ST truck? I got the doors from Ecology in Riverside, trust me Im in the junk yards alot and it has taken me forever to find these.

Damn Drew!! you are one lucky man. I've been to that junkyard plenty of times, but haven't been lucky yet.

Yes...they will work. You will have to run new wire to feed the passenger side though.

But.....Being that it's an ST....there might be some plug-ins tucked up underneath the dash, don't count on it though.

After you remove the doors at the JY, just follow the wiring in as far as possible, then cut out the wiring out....which should include the door plug-ins

The more you can remove intact....the less you have to replace on the swap

I tried to remove the wiring in an ST harness for the elec doors.....no go.

You could pull the whole dash harness out of the ST.....but....I decided to clip as much from the ST and just wire it in.

Thanks Sealik!! Whenever i find my doors i'm going to take the whole damn harness off ahahaha!!

Yeah I think Im gonna go back and get harness, I wish I would of grabbed it when I got the doors since I had a 20% off coupon :thumbup:  I have also been to this yard alot since its pretty close to me, usually they dont have shit the all import yard is better most of the time.

If I ever find another pair. My driver door is damaged and I heard power doors are different dimensions than non power doors.

They are Drew!! I have a couple of pictures that someone posted (can't remember who-where) Of the manual doors vs. power doors. Let me know if you need them i'll send them to you.

Doors with elec windows and locks are exactly the same size as non powered doors

The only difference is that the 'power door' has more metal skin on the inside....ie.....a stock window crank will not work/fit.

I posted a pic a few years back

Removing the main/dash harness from the 720 is going to involve more than expected

Doors with elec windows and locks are exactly the same size as non powered doors

The only difference is that the 'power door' has more metal skin on the inside....ie.....a stock window crank will not work/fit.

I posted a pic a few years back

Removing the main/dash harness from the 720 is going to involve more than expected

Hey Sealik, maybe it was you that posted the pictures i have. When i go to the junkyard again i'm going to take a dashboard apart and see how hard it is to just get the whole harness.

I think one of issues was the harness running behind the whole heater assembly.....which in turn has to be removed also

IIRC

I see. I went to a junkyard last week and i found a red ST,  Everything on that thing was bent to shit, including the power doors! If the doors weren't so banged up i would've snatched them up. I think i'm gonna go back and just tear it apart just to see how the harness goes. I'll take pictures of everything (if it's still there) of how the harness is run.

So I went back to where I got the doors and removing the ST harness is gonna be a mission! The dash harness and engine bay harness are one complete unit. Looks like the ST has some extra things my truck does not have. There was a relay box (I think thats what it is) behind the passenger side rear jump seat that wries from the purple power door plug ran back to, not sure if all xtra cabs have this relay box back there or is it another ST feature?