720 ST power window doors

DREWSDIME

In case anyone needs any parts, I've got a full set of power window/door lock components including PDL timers x2 and harness. PDL actuators x2, Door swiitch passenger and driver, and assenger and Driver side power window assembly including motors.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In case anyone needs any parts, I've got a full set of power window/door lock components including PDL timers x2 and harness. PDL actuators x2, Door swiitch passenger and driver, and assenger and Driver side power window assembly including motors.

Hey yeti, do you have the complete doors?

Why not just wire the windows up without the harness? Its super easy.

Ill make you a diagram... Electrically speaking, you just need the motors and switches. Then a relay. There really isnt any magic.

Laecaon, that would be great!! I'm sure there is quite a bit of people here wanting to know how to wire them up to there rigs.Thanks for thinking of that.
Laecaon, that would be great!! I'm sure there is quite a bit of people here wanting to know how to wire them up to there rigs.Thanks for thinking of that.

I think you would need the 720 wiring diagram....????...there is also PL to hook up

I think you would need the 720 wiring diagram....????...there is also PL to hook up

Eh, its just 2 switches on the left, and 1 on the right. Im guessing the switches have 5 wires to them (most common type). Ill consult a wiring diagram

PLs are easy too, but require the use of 2 relays for aftermarket install.

Im currently wiring up PW & PL in my 510... which never had those as an option...

That would be awesome Laecaon!  Yes only 5 wires maybe only 4 coming off plug from motor and switches. Is it still possible to have the driver side roll down the passenger?

Arent there 2 window switches on the drivers door? and then 1 on the passenger?

Ok, can whoever has the switch(es), take a picture of the wires coming out of it?

I have looked at the 280zx diagram, and a D21, and decided that the factory diagrams are overly detailed, or for some silly reason Nissan made their switches over complicated.

Basically either the switch will have 5 wires coming out, or 6.

Sorry guys, I just need to sit down and write it out.

Im thinking tomorrow...

No hurry whenever you get a chance it is just for future reference, I have the doors just dont know when Im doing the swap probably after my 510 gets back from KA swap :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently found a set of Power window ST doors and wanted to install them on my 720 standard, I also removed the entire chassis harness from the donor truck, it was a real bitch to get it all out, I don't recall there being a box or relay in the back near the fold down seat, maybe I missed it?? I thought the dome light delay box was back there??

So, to remove the entire harness you basically have to remove the entire dash, heater, a/c, steering column, pedal bax assy, just about everything that's mounted to the firewall or cut it. The pedal box is the most difficult so I cut that bracket once I figured I couldn't get it out. I plan to remove the p/w and p/l wiring and then install that in my truck (option 1, easier), or just swap the entire harness as one piece (option 2, the hardest).

The doors are the same size, glass and all, but the inner metal panel is punched or pressed different to accomadate the big motor assy in the door. I really wanted to keep my original doors but this would be too much work cutting and welding the inner panels, so I'll swap the entire door.

This is about the last option for my 720, I think I have all the others covered and really want to get this done soon. I'm tired of moving the spare doors around my garage.

I'll try to take some pics of the process.

• 2 months later...

I did, wire 2 relay packs as shown in the first link in the quote, the switches are on the second link. Use an auto resetting breaker on the main 12v in, they are in the fuse box of most cars with power windows or seats. the packs can go in the door kicks or in the dash, run two wires to the window motor and your golden. 

The wiring for the door and relays are pretty much the same in my power lock how-to that you can find here: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/21642-after-market-power-locks/