REALLY NEED this piece! Datsun 521 horn fitting

I need one of these little black plastic fittings that goes inside my horn button assembly in order for my horn to attach properly. I'll take one or all three if you have em. I have been told that several other Datsuns use these also but I am not sure which. Anything you rats can do would be great! THANK YOUS

IMG_0872_zpse185bbb9.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem on my 68 510. I whittled one out of a chunk of teflon. cut my finger real good but my horn button no longer falls off. If I had to do it again i would use a dremel tool and sacrifice a cutting board

• Like 1
n/m. Mine has old rubber grommets behind the ring on each of those black standoffs. Something is weird with mine. After I fixed the relay the horn was going off randomly and I'm not sure why :P

I don't use rubber, it give me a rash. And my horn goes off randomly too. I think the same thing happens to me in bed...

I had the same problem years ago with a 521 I owned back in the 90's. I ended up installing small rubber grommets, the kind you'd see in a hole in the firewall to protect the wires from the steel edges, only very small diameter.

http://www.cnrubberparts.com/images/products/2011610182217102w320h320uouken/cable-silicone-rubber-grommet.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.