ka24de swap 510 no start have spark, fuel to rail and cracks

chebetio510

just finished up my second ka swap, did my 620 first.. got that running no problem. but i have hit a dead end on this..  I have Fuel getting to the rail,, spark... but wont start.. if i spray starting fluid in throttle body car starts and runs off of the starting fluid but wont idle dries out.. there is power at injectors.. i had pulled out fuel rail and cracked and noticed fuel injector spray is extremely  weak almost nothing. y fuel lines are not inverted.. already tried swapping ecu's thats not it.. swapped coils and ignitor tht didnt do it either so i know its fuel related.. any help or knowledge would be appreciated

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pump im running is brand new and shooting shit load of pressure, havent put a pressure gauge to it.. but i honestly doubt its fuel sumo.. a test i did do was wire up an injector while the fuel rai was out and hooked it up strait to battery.. and tht injector sprayed like no tomorow.. 

Do you have a different vehicle that you can use to test your ECU? Plug it your suspect ECU and see if a known good vehicle starts?

I recommend against trying someone else's ECU on your vehicle just yet but it would be nice to confirm it is wired good.

Do you have a different vehicle that you can use to test your ECU? Plug it your suspect ECU and see if a known good vehicle starts?

I recommend against trying someone else's ECU on your vehicle just yet but it would be nice to confirm it is wired good.

i usesd this ecu in my Datsun 620 with a ka swap i rescently just finished and the ecu worked.. my truck started up just fine,, swap is wired the same

Double check all grounds to the ecu. Injectors receive 12v+ with ign on and the ecu provides the ground to open them. You may have a loose or incomplete ground to the ecu and it is back feeding from somewhere else.

If your noid is weak there is prob a circuit issue. You can make a crude "loading test light" to test the 12v+ supply using a brake light bulb or equivalent. 7443 bulbs work good, they have pins that are easily bent out to hook to.

Automotive_Light_Bulb_7443.jpg

If you are using a multimeter to see if voltage is present it won't show a high resistance if there is a problem in the circuit.  loading the circuit will reveal this type of issue. 

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...