L16 510 carb Help!!!

Dlip

hello, my 510 recently does not want to start it would start right away before. my uncle and I were driving it around the block when it started acting weird and turned off after that it would not start. the gas window :rofl:(I Don't know what its really called) was drained.  CAM00176_zps06d9943d.jpg

my uncle and i were looking around when my uncle noticed that maybe a screw was missing .

CAM00175_zpsf15bcabf.jpg

we called nissan and they said it was a plug. does anybody think there might be another reason if so let me know. 

Thanks!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks more like a jet, but it's there.  That won't be the cause of having no fuel in the float bowl.  I think it's supposed to have a cap plug, but maybe not.

When you crank it, does fuel go into the float bowl then drain all over the manifold, or does no fuel ever get in?

If no fuel is getting in, then you have a fuel delivery problem:

1) Ran out of fuel

2) Clogged fuel filter

3) Failed fuel pump

4) Stuck float valve

5) Totally plugged fuel lines (rust clogging, etc)

6) Broken fuel line (a rotted hose or rusted out line, causing it to suck air somewhere between the tank and fuel pump)

7) Collapsed fuel hose or crushed fuel hard line

Now, if you have fuel pouring out of the carb, then that's clearly a leak and you have to find it.

Let us know what you find, if no luck then I've got you covered, Dlip :)

I don't use the DCH328 like yours but I do have some parts around from one........lucky, lol.

I'd be happy to send you this plug to replace the one you lost.....it IS necessary to run. 

Mike was correct, the jet below the plug in this one was also a #48.

let me know'

--Ray

mms_picture1_zps29403803.jpg

to me theres no fuel going in the carb. wither or not the jet block thing is there or not.

Ck the fuel pump output. pull the out put hose and start cr. Gas should shoot out. If good then try bangin on the carb right where the banjo fitting is where the fuel line goes in. Dirt can get stuck in neele/ball bearing assembly

I had this happen on my 521. Run out of gas and bang on the banjo fitting while cranking motor(sombody helping me) is would fill up again

to me theres no fuel going in the carb. wither or not the jet block thing is there or not.

Ck the fuel pump output. pull the out put hose and start cr. Gas should shoot out. If good then try bangin on the carb right where the banjo fitting is where the fuel line goes in. Dirt can get stuck in neele/ball bearing assembly

I had this happen on my 521. Run out of gas and bang on the banjo fitting while cranking motor(sombody helping me) is would fill up again

Oh ok thanks i will try that, i will also check pretty much everything to be on the safe side.

Ok so i went ahead and took off my fuel pump and i assume that is the problem because there is a spring that pushes the lever back. Well that spring fell off about every time we cranked it. When we pumped it manually gas did shoot out. But every time I cranked it gas shot out then stopped I would then remove the pump and the spring would be off.

• 1 month later...

Won't be the fuel filter because there is plenty of fuel in the bowl.

It idles so there is fuel getting to the idle circuit but when the throttle is opened and it tries to transition to the primary circuit is seems to run out of fuel. I would say the primary jet is plugged.

The easiest thing to try is put a rag under the front of the carb. Unscrew the front and lift away the glass catching the gas in the rag. Be careful that no parts from the float chamber fall out and get lost. (another good reason for the rag) There is a square edged 'O' ring that seals around the glass. be sure it is clean and properly in place when you put it back together. Carefully remove the spacer and slide the float off the hinge pin. Take care not to force of bend anything.

The floor of the float chamber may have dirt or sand like particles. Carefully wipe it out if it does.

On the floor of the float chamber are two small holes. The jets are below these two holes. The primary jet is closest to the valve cover and the secondary is to the right of it as viewed from the front. Get a can of carb cleaner spray, the one with the red plastic straw. Point the straw down the primary jet hole and spray it out. Use safety glasses that shit stings if you get it in your eyes.

Put everything back together. You may have to lift the needle valve to slide the float back on the hinge pin so be ready for that. Seal everything back up and crank it over until the carb fills. It may even fire up but what ever you do check that the front glass is not leaking.

The carb spray will likely dislodge and or dissolve any blockage and you should now have a motor that revs up. If not you will have to remove the carb and manually remove the jet for cleaning. This usually does the job for a few minutes work and $5.