.sunlover

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The input shaft to the transfer case isn't turning in gear BTW

Well that really narrows it down. lol.

Try 4th gear, that should work. Forth is straight through and does not use the counter shaft at all.

The mainshaft drive or the counter gear may have sheared off and no drive to 1,2,3,5,Rev. Here's a tranny I pulled apart in a wrecking yard. Front counter bearing was destroyed.... balls fell out with the oil. Counter shaft wasn't supported at front flexed from the loading and snapped off at the adapter plate.

transNAPSZ5spdbroken.jpg

Ummm photo bucket sucks now...

Yeah.....but it still works 

EDIT.....

Actually....some of your pics suck....lol

IMG_20130210_104218.jpg

1211121418_zpsaab0acd9.jpg

2012-12-10152349_zps0d8c4697.jpg

2012-12-10152336_zps745a6b7f.jpg

2012-12-10130712_zpsa28a3535.jpg

IMG_20130210_123432.jpg

IMG_20130210_123455.jpg

IMG_20130210_145508.jpg

Edited by Sealik

Yeah, no photographer, wrong oics, etc, as much shit went wrong today, I'm just happy for that chosen bit that we made go right. Hell day, and mike, we tried all gears, and the back of the tranny never spun. Seems like the tranny input shaft, that's my guess, but the proofs coming tomorrow in the dark after work pulling that tranny and seeing as best as I can what fuckimng broke, and trying to find parts or just replace... Not happy, but this damn rust bucket is gonna be solid from ignition to traction.

(Sigh). I was really hoping I could have some fun before it came down to build thread. Drove it around the neighborhood, and it felt solid. Po said he drove it to coos bay all the time. From Eugene, that's not huge, but its still big. I'll start something tomorrow morning at the buttcrack of dawn. This ones going ratty, make power, brakes, drive straight, paint rust, replace body, paint it.