L16 into Auto B210

SlammedSunny

Exactly like the title says, I had planned to put a KA24E in my car but my plans have changed, I have a rebuilt L16 with 4 speed trans i purchased for $100, now as far as I know I need a 510 engine cross-member  make a trans cross-member  and my stock H150 diff will hold the "Power" (lol) of the stock L16.  What I want to know, is there any combination of transmissions (ie. 4spd, 5spd, dogleg, ect.) and driveshaft that are a direct fit for a B210? or am I stuck getting one made.  I am buying a 5 speed later this month, as well has building a Long rod L20b for a future swap. Right now im just looking to get rid of my automatic A14 and get a standard in there.  I drive a highway to work everyday and the 3 speed trans is getting horrible gas mileage.  I know This swap can be done in a day or weekend if im slow. 

PS. I have a driveshaft from an automatic A10 wagon if needed. Also If it needs to be known, its a 76 B210 2dr sedan.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Measure the length of your automatic.

Measure the length of your driveshaft from center to center of U joints.

I imagine the auto is likely 26" but check. If so, a dogleg and L16 will fit without shortening the driveshaft.

Measure the length of your automatic.

Measure the length of your driveshaft from center to center of U joints.

I imagine the auto is likely 26" but check. If so, a dogleg and L16 will fit without shortening the driveshaft.

This sounds right, I run an auto driveshaft with my A-Series 63a, so any trans the same length should work fine, and fit ok. This is one time the auto is actually better, for the swap that is.

I don't get it, autos don't give horrible mileage. People say they give less but I never see the difference. It's a small amount as Far as I'm concerned. I grant that they can be boring to drive but mileage isn't really a factor in my experience.

I get great mileage if i stay on backroads doing 60 km/hour, its when I jump on the highway doing 90-100 km/h that I get horrible gas mileage, ive only got 3 speeds remember.... Datzenmike where are you on the island? I'm in victoria, havent seen any 710's around though.... only rusty 1200's, rusty B210's, and nice 510's

Oh awesome! any chance you are coming down to victoria for the All japanese show and shine this year? Its held by the local datsun club, would be nice to see a 710 show up, most guys bring Honda's, or 350Z's.  I think there was only 3 or 4 510's last year, and I didnt get my B210 untill after the show