Vespa Racers...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only you will know its not a real 90ss.  Do you ride with the Portland crowd ? Wussys, twist and play etc. When I used to ride allot the Wussys started up. A great and crazy bunch you never had a bland moment hanging out with that crew , Portland was always a good place for a rally.  

CMac 

BTSC 

Only you will know its not a real 90ss.  Do you ride with the Portland crowd ? Wussys, twist and play etc. When I used to ride allot the Wussys started up. A great and crazy bunch you never had a bland moment hanging out with that crew , Portland was always a good place for a rally.  

CMac 

BTSC 

Yep! I know them well.

I'm looking for a true moped or genuine all metal vespa for the next project. Ive done up a half dozen bike living here in maui and that video is pure truth. Haha so far ive had the most fun with an Upright yamaha 2t minerelli engine clone. CPI stock block 72 cc bore kit top end all 'forged racing' internals lol coil cdi 28mm Oko carb and retardedly loud wailing ten cut exhaust with no silencer and 7g weights "performance" blue variator idk what brand generic "racing" clutch too. The frame, plastics, lights mirrors seat engine, title and registration were all mismatched haha. So far from legit. Got it for trade stock and burned up and only spent 300 bucks for everything including what I traded and all the parts. Mopeds are good fun and pretty cheap on the grand scale of things and parts will interchange for most the Chinese "racing" bits.

All in all the bike could ride wheelies And just yanked up to 35 the got a second burst of go and could wack 65 if I tucked it. Load of fun! I've built a ruckus and restored a ct90 as well. Rest of the peds have been stock.

Some pictures

26EAE62A-670E-4365-AA4B-4837E33FD58B-66-

8134A29B-3556-49E3-BB15-1F6626F1B6FB-66-

c0c0e7e4.jpg

The white elite is dead reliable and my daily driver (fuck yeah tropical weather!)

1DD2D245-3E8E-4FE0-863D-5D45BD0B70BB-316

How the chuckus sits now zip tied and ghetto rigged until I can get my hands on a welder. It has a water-cooled Kawasaki kx65 engine and six speed close ratio gear box. So technically not a moped anymore but it hauls major ass and can beat my room mates 636 Kawasaki ninja off the line and keep up until the next light. (soon as he shifts I'm done for but up until about 40 mph it leads.

//// end massive thread jack. Nice bikes btw those are super clean. Since neither the my yellow chuckus or the green mako were all that legal I opted for go fast over aesthetic qualities. Yellow is still a work in progress but after a half dozen small wrecks and one major one the mako finally bit the dust. It engine got bolted up to a rocketa and overheated within a month and that was the end of my moped modifying days lol but in the future I'll be back.

/real end thread jack

Here is a good spot for finding peds for sale other than scouring Craigslist daily. (because members of the army in every city are doing it as religiously as members of Ratsun look for Datsuns there). Each major city has a chapter. Also check out 1977 mopeds out in Ohio. Here in Seattle we have the Mosquito Fleet.

But don't drink the coolaide...

http://www.mopedarmy.com/

http://www.1977mopeds.com/

What's a good start moped? My 62 year old mother wants one.

Buy her a simple cvt 4 stroke feet forward bike. I will swear by Honda (atleast the 2 wheeled stuff, Honda cars can kiss my ass) look for a metro or ruckus if you get a used older one that's still taxed as a 49cc no endorsement or insurance is required (in Hawaii anyway) they are both super reliable and hold a high resale value. And if she doesn't like it looks like you have a scoot to build. And from what it seems you can get all parts paint labor and then some from trying to sell a custom ruckus. You can buy a stock used one for 1-2k for a solid bike and sell it again for that stock. (I've seen some insanely detailed custom bikes here in Maui sell between 5-8k) I love my ct90 as well it's a great starter bike and tons of fun. Any cub engine bike will crawl out of the pits of hell and they are nearly bomb proof. No electric start though and i can't personally picture my mother kick starting a motorcycle at 62. Just don't buy Chinese unless you want a cheap Crappy unfixable money pit that will leave her stranded and be nothing but problems even brand new. i really can't stress that enough. Genuine also makes good bikes and zumas are cool but a little more noisy and messy. If you get a two stroke delete the auto oiler and pre mix the gas because if that part fails you can find yourself shit out of luck quick and needing a rebuild (plus it can't keep up with any mods)

I daily drive a 97 Honda elite ch80 air cooled 4 stroke. Great bike plenty of power to cruise and really reliable. I have a friend with one that has 27k miles no rebuilds and runs like new and that's a lot from such a tiny engine. Only gripes of my elite are mushy notoriously bad suspension (can upgrade to better components though) not much locking storage space like some of the newer bikes (but can always set grocery bags etc between your legs) and relatively junk drum breaks. All the Honda bikes I've had don't stop very well that even goes for the brand new 2012 ruckus. There is a great new elite 110 too if she wants to mess with an endorsement. Can't believe I'd ever say it on ratsun but be sure and buy a Honda.