Ka24e swap into bmw 320i

Hey there all,

I was wontering if I could get some help from from some nissan people with my current project.

Heres my plan, I want to swap a ka24e and turbo it into my 1980 bmw 320is that I am building into a drift car. I bought a 1992 Nissan 2wd pickup and pulled the engine already.

406635_10200242817739423_908322106_n.jpg

empty bay ready for a KA

248613_10200354271965709_161688196_n.jpg

this is going in!

189273_10200483169948078_1934042131_n.jp

Rright now my biggest concern is wiring. I want to use nissan EFI and also want to swap out the truck intake manifold for the forward facing intake manifold/throttle body combo from a 240. The truck has a one piece wiring harnees for EVERYTHING! I pulled the dash out and everything but the harness isnt completely out (it goes all over). All I want is wiring that will run the engine,  I dont need any of the lights, heater, cluster, AC, powersteering, emissions. Just the wiring for the ECU/EFI/Igntion to have the motor be able to start.

Does anyone have any ideas of a way I can do this easier then pulling that entire truck harness and having to go through diagrams a stripping it all out?

any help would be awesome! thanks guys

-Christo

• Like 2
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look in the Datsun parts for sale area. There is a sticky to these amazing wiring boxes, I'm sure if you contact the seller he will answer any further questions. I believe they are called Can/am, it says wire CA, Vg, KAs into anything :P

Look in the Datsun parts for sale area. There is a sticky to these amazing wiring boxes, I'm sure if you contact the seller he will answer any further questions. I believe they are called Can/am, it says wire CA, Vg, KAs into anything :P

awesome thanks man!!

Don't mess with the truck harness. Find a 1989 or 90 240sx in a SY to finish your swap.

there arent any 240s in a local yard sadly :(, would i just need the wiring harness and ecu from one? Would my trucks ecu work?

thanks guys :)

search for sure, but the truck engine harness is mixed in with the body harness.  The 240 has a motor one, and a seperate one for the body.  You could clean up the truck one if you want, but it sounds time consuming and stressful if you dont like that type of thing.  There is a guy on here selling one I think.

My 3 cents

Jeff

p.s.  Good luck!!!

search for sure, but the truck engine harness is mixed in with the body harness.  The 240 has a motor one, and a seperate one for the body.  You could clean up the truck one if you want, but it sounds time consuming and stressful if you dont like that type of thing.  There is a guy on here selling one I think.

My 3 cents

Jeff

p.s.  Good luck!!!

I like your thinking a lot man, I do not want to deal cleaning up the truck one.... I will find a 240 one. Do I also need a 240 ecu?

do what I did. Join zilvia, post a wtb add for a KA-e engine harness...KA-e's are paperweights to those guys and theyre harnesses are as well. these engines are getting pulled in favor of DE's, SR's CA's, RB's, VK's, LS's, SBC's....etc...basically, for every engine swapped s13 there's one more KA engine harness floating around...

edit: I actually ended up with 2 harnesses by joining Zilvia...sold the spare already but just sayin, deals are there

also, awesome project. I love it!

• Like 1
do what I did. Join zilvia, post a wtb add for a KA-e engine harness...KA-e's are paperweights to those guys and theyre harnesses are as well. these engines are getting pulled in favor of DE's, SR's CA's, RB's, VK's, LS's, SBC's....etc...basically, for every engine swapped s13 there's one more KA engine harness floating around...

edit: I actually ended up with 2 harnesses by joining Zilvia...sold the spare already but just sayin, deals are there

also, awesome project. I love it!

im way ahead of you but the problem is you have to be a member for 90 days before you post a WTB add on there :(, but I sent a mod a PM to see if there is a way that I can get around that rule.