Prophet1012's 1982 B310 project

First of all i am very gratefull i found this forum (ratsun) adn here in malta there isn't much datsun love...mainly small hondas. Iown a b310, was my dad's. he took care of it, he used it only during weekends and kept it in a garage since when be bought it. however having said that he never actually tried doing somthing extra to make it look  sexier or faster :P . I will suceed him in such matters. I started this topic primarily for the purpose of recieving and giving tips and secondarily as a type of tutorial for fellow b310 owners who like me, own a stock one, which they wish to improve it (at leasts its looks) and don't have a clue were to start.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just contacted ground control for front coilover kit, (these ones) https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/1200/front-ground-control-weld-coilover-kit-datsun-1200 . Their representative told me that will fot on my stock struts. Can anyone confirm?

I'll buy them as soon as somone confirms they fit. My adventure begins :)

I need some help (once again), another user on this forum told me that the 1200 strut has a smaller diameter than that of a b310, i also found this "The B310 struts are larger diameter (51 mm versus 45mm) B110 strut housing is 45 mm diameter. The larger B210/B310 unit is 51 mm." On the 1200 forum. Does the mentioned diameter corresponds to internal diameter or eternal diameter of the strut. If is the external diameter the above mentioned weld on kit by ground control should not fit, am i right? If yes what kit should i buy?

The ones they produce are those that fit b110 and b210 (which as you said have diferent diameter). Too dodgy for my liking to be honest. On the other hand the 280zx ones (https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/s130/front-ground-control-weld-coilover-kit-datsun-280zx) the same as b310s i.e. 51mm/2" . If it is a bad idea, please tell me why?

Thats a fine idea. Still i prefer the coilover idea, it being seemingly safer, all in one package. Just for reference is it a bad idea to buy the 280zx weld on coilover kits? ( In my opinion they are the best option for b310 owner since their strut diameter) I apologies if i am nuisance, asking so many questons in so much little time xD

This is the conversation i had with a ground control representative

Question:

Can you please check the internal diameter of the sleeves of the following coilover kit? https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/s130/front-ground-control-weld-coilover-kit-datsun-280zx

My strut diameter is 2" or 51mm, do you offer compatible weld on kits for my Datsun b310? The 1200 weldon coil-over kit won't do since the strut diameter of 1200 is 45mm

Reply:

All our sleeves have a 2.06" inside diameter. (about 52mm). For the smaller strut casings, like the 1200, we use steel size down sleeves to go inside the aluminum sleeve.

Our kit will fit your car just fine!