To trade or not to trade!?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anything that spent three decades on the east coast would scare me as far as rust goes. I was stationed in NJ for a couple of years and moonlighted at a used car dealer doing detail work and saw some spooky stuff re: unibodies. that road salt can worm it's way into every nook and cranny and just devour metal. In some cases the fenders won't look bad but the unibody mounting points will be eat to hell. all that aside, I like your truck better. it looks like ya'll are paired well.

Eh.  There's a guy an hour east of me with 16 620s parked in his front yard with some 520s and a 320.  Ten minutes down the street from him, there's a woman with 2 520s.  About 30 minutes past there, there's a guy with a 14 acre plot on a mountain top with a dozen or so 520s and 620s.

Anyway, OP you should sell me your extra 620.

It's being traded for a built l20 and 5 speed unless you want to pay me the cash i want for it, and its not a hand-out, even with the rust. you have my number if you're interested.

The truck looks better.  I'm not fond of the paint scheme on the 240z.  Plus, you can haul stuff in a truck.  You can move from house to house with a truck.  A z will necessitate many trips.  Not to mention trucks last longer period.  They have frames.  Big, thick, heavy frames.  Will they handle as well?  No.  But they will stand the test of time better.

Keep the 620, it looks awesome!  If I had to choose between my 510 and my hardbody, I'd pick the hardbody every time, even though it isn't a true Datsun and I love my 510.

Yeah, older guy.  Really bad at body work.

Ha ha, that's the one.  I stopped and asked if he would sell me a dizzy, but he won't come off of anything.  His neighbor does his body and paint work for free according to him.  I get the feeling he thinks they are creampuffs when he sells them.  I like going that way to my parents house just to creep by and look at all the Datsuns even though they live closer to exit 81.

Ha ha, that's the one.  I stopped and asked if he would sell me a dizzy, but he won't come off of anything.  His neighbor does his body and paint work for free according to him.  I get the feeling he thinks they are creampuffs when he sells them.  I like going that way to my parents house just to creep by and look at all the Datsuns even though they live closer to exit 81.

He said he'd sell me the black one for a grand.  Didn't seem like a bad deal to me.  It was a 79, L20, automatic.  Would be great for my sister.  Later when I was talking to him he said he didn't want cash, but my 810.  He seems...Maybe not all there.  The woman up there street has the nicer car, a white 520.  She wanted like 1500.  1970 model, runs and drives, some rust on the rockers, all and all not a bad car.  Looked like there was bondo on the bed though, no clue how much...Maybe a lot.