My Hitachi keeps flooding. HELP!

_chiefjt

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Redline do any upgrades to the Weber carb? I'm looking to buy it on eBay if my Hitachi still won't work.

It's just that the pictures are different and Redline says the filters are reusable? Is it just that the weber picture is an old picture of what the 32/36 used to look like. That's my guess.

And there priced different.

I did see a little piece of something in the chamber of where the needle closes off. Can't explain it very well but yeah. It was down the chamber where you have to take that bolt off to see down at the needle. The piece was about 3 by 3 mm big.

So did you check this out and remove it?

Yes, and yes.

But test it first. Put a pressure gauge in the line and test the pressure while the engine is idling.

The reason you want to test it is because many new pumps are out of spec too. Unless you buy a genuine Nissan pump $$$ I wouldn't trust any of the cheap pumps.

Most vacuum gauge troubleshooting tools can check fuel pressure too

NX Tools $16

inn-3620.gif

Yes I did. Well my dad works at a shop where they get some of their parts from Worldpac so he got it through his work from Worldpac. From what my dad was told is that Worldpac owns Redline so basically, he didn't actually get it FROM Redline, he got it from the company who owns Redline. 

I don't know how Worldpac works with Redline but I went to the their site and they sell Redline parts. Maybe they tell Redline and they send it to them idk........

So I installed my Weber 38/38.  I'm amazed how good Weber is. I underestimated them to be honest but not anymore.

What I did:

Took the intake and carb. off, cleaned everthing on intake, ported it a little bit, cleaned the corrosion off the intake valves, put it back together with new intake and thermostat gasket, put it back together, made some mods to the throttle cable bracket, fired it up, tuned it.....................................and now, I couldn't be happier.

I'll post pics and a video on my build thread.

Yes, I'd say it was pretty bad. Now to get a new exhaust system and center support for my 2-piece driveshaft. The parts costs $91 some + tax. I want to get a 1 piece driveshaft which will be cheaper if I get one at my junkyard but I have to measure how long my tranny is so I know which one to get.

• 2 weeks later...