My $40 Coilovers

ssnapz

so im doing a 3 link on my 720, and on a budget of coarse. i cant afford coilovers so i grabbed a bucket of honda coilovers from my buddy. found me a pair of shocks from a 1960 corvette at autozone for $20 a piece then went to work.

IMAG0044_zps72c8a8b5.jpg

IMAG0045_zps96c18343.jpg

IMAG0046_zpsf3e80be4.jpg

IMAG0047_zps8ee6caf7.jpg

IMAG0048_zpsb2fc4bf4.jpg

IMAG0049_zps89a30716.jpg

IMAG0050_zpsc41c9272.jpg

IMAG0051_zps1b39ac14.jpg

IMAG0052_zps5d429321.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the steel is 2 pieces of exhaust tubing, 1 3/4 x 7 1/2 and 2 1/2 x 3. the disc and ring are 3/16 plate cut out on a plasma table. all are scrap parts except for the shocks, so i got away with building them for $40. next step is pull my bed so i can build the 3 link

• 3 weeks later...

yeah u need to swap to a thru eye style shock ......the shaft mounts wont fair well.....by three link do u mean a wish bone style.....and i have never seen a adapter to swap nor do i thin k that will fix the issue....adapter is car talk for future failure look here....

yeah i just figure being a mini truck he was thinking of a wishbone link set up ...which allows the stock tank location to be used..cause what u pictured is more of a two link with a panhard bar....just like what im referring to is more of a wish bone then a 3 link ... but in the mini truck world its called a three link more than a wish bone...

by 3 link i mean 2 lower links one upper link centered and a pan hard. simple cheap and efective. lower links will mount to stock leaf perches and brackets welded.to rear end, upper will be longer for antisquat and mounted to a crossmember made for the link and welded.rear end mount. pan hard will go from frame rail to oppisite side of axle. planing the swap for a couple of weeks from now(building my golf cart first). i will make a thread with lots of pics.