Has anyone done a Z dash in a 620?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh WOW!!! I was expecting some work but didn't realize it would be quite that much. I guess I will have to sit back and do some more thinking and planning. I am a firm believer in measure twice and cut once versus cutting too much and starting all over. Thanks for your replies and if any new news comes up please think about me.

Years ago my dad tried to park my truck in his driveway and complained about the stiff steering with 31X10.5/15s. So I thought about it all one winter. I mean every second I had spare. I researched how p/s pumps work, the 720 pump can put out close to 1,000 PSI! How the p/s box works and then started collecting Nissan (of course) parts. I would guess 6 months of just thinking about it, obsessively, looking for problems, thinking about geometry, mounting, where to fit the pump.

When I had it done finally it worked right off, never leaked, and I never had to adjust or top it off once. So, always good to think it out, plan every move. Think twice do once.

• Like 2
Oh WOW!!! I was expecting some work but didn't realize it would be quite that much. I guess I will have to sit back and do some more thinking and planning. I am a firm believer in measure twice and cut once versus cutting too much and starting all over. Thanks for your replies and if any new news comes up please think about me.

if I had both complete dashes (620 and Z) and a truck to mock it up in I could build one.

its not super hard but its not a cake walk. its one of those things you have to go do first hand

because your going to have to see first hand where and how your going to need to cut and weld...  and cut lol

you have to take into account not only frame mounting and fab but heater controls, heater ducting, defrost ducting, gauge wiring,

gash switches, such as head lights, wipers, ect

not only do you have to get the dash to fit in the car but you have to get everything you need in the dash to fit in there.

• 2 weeks later...

oh the only thing you need to shim the gear box  from the frame to move the steering wheel over a bit  seam to work ok so far test drove it then started to finish the job  two years ago

sorry got side tracked buying more 620's truck.