Datsun 610 Bluebird SSS - 4 Door Sedan

Alchemist

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm!  Perhaps, it is because of my background, being a painter, bodywork technician, fabricator, in automotive restoration for over 30 years; having to restore and judge cars at concourse shows,  that are rare - knowing that one has to fabricate parts that are non-existent or whatever parts that are found, having to be extensively reworked, that from my perspective I believe this car is nicely done.

From the fact it isn't dented up, rusted, a quiltwork of paint etc.,   The detail of the front grill, non damaged body panels I appreciate.  Everyone has their own idea of what color they like.  At least the paint looks well applied - cut and rubbed.  Also the fact 4 door 610's are scarce and I have never seen one up here in the San Francisco Bay area.  So, when I see a complete car like this - I consider it nicely done!

I'd hate to think what you guys would say about a 610 4 door I built for someone many years ago due to what people have said to me, from this forum, regarding my NFRA RED Datsun 610 I built back in the 1970's.  But perhaps if you gents will kindly inform me what "excites" you about a car so I don't continue to post "bland/boring/mundane" car photos and waste bandwidth.  

It seems my tastes obviously run differently than the norm here.  I'm just a passionate Datsun enthusiast like the rest of you, so pardon this old man for sharing what you gents would consider un-provocative vehicles - LOL!

I do appreciate it that you gents were diplomatic enough not to use 4 letter words of description.

Bonvo,

Thank you for the thought - I'm building a 1983 Datsun/Nissan Maxima Sedan - the 910 platform.  

Yes, I have seen and admired Sir Zerow's car - thanks for the reminder.

Happy Holidays everyone and hope the new year will bring more progress and more exciting projects to share!

Sayonara guys - Be well!

Ernie

Finally - a nicely done 4 Door!

Enjoy!

Very nice example of what a 4 door 610 should be. Strangely enough though in Oz and NZ 4 door cars are modified as well as 2 door coupes. But here in the US 2 door automobiles seem to be the norm. At least in the classic car scene. Modern cars broke that rule in the US, nowadays 4 door sedans like  Subarus, BMWs, Mercedez, Toyotas and many more not only get attention and get modified, but many come factory performance modified.

Oz is full of 4 door 180B,s B210s, RX Mazdas and many other cars modified to performance specs. Wonder what size tire/wheel set up this BlueBird-U has on.

Thanks for sharing that video clip.