Stay Away From Pick and Pull in stockton

Those son of a bitches tried to charge me $40 for tail light lenses, just the fucking lenses, I tried to tale the nice old lady (at the time) that no she is charging me for the entire assemblies, then she got all huffy so i just walked away. not gonna go there anymore, there is a new U Pick ur part right down teh street from them, I went there first and got the taillight assemblies, the tail light wiring harness, the steering coloum cover, the grill badge and the license plate light all for $20, the only reason I didnt get the tail light lenses was they were broken, Im going back tomorrow for the 5 speed thats in the truck. which i thought was a 4 speed because of the shift knob, but when i checked it, it was a 5 speed, and its only gonna cost me $65 there vice the $100 something pick and steal wants for one, f-it, im done with pick and pull:fu:, sorry bout the rant

Donnie

FYI this is in Stockton, Ca

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they best way to deal with these types of cashiers is to scope them out before you actually buy the part. i always hide the part and wait till half day to pay.

i already know which cashiers are dicks, and which ones are cool. every time i see the dicks i go to the next line even if i have to wait all over again. sorry to hear about what happened to you.

this lack of consistency sucks and is present in all pick and pulls.

Yes, the woes of wrecking yard pricing. Some times a great deal, some times a complete rip off. I've gotten so tired of dealing with it that I tend to ask them prices before I even consider pulling the part off.

I found this one yard that has set pricing for everying. Unfortunately its good for some pieces and bad for others. Some times you just can't win. :rolleyes:

you can buy brand new (aftermarket) lenses on eBay for around $40 a pair. or maybe it was 20

shit, ive seen on ebay both housings and lenses complete for $40 for the pair, I just glued my one broken one back together

donnie,

yeah I know what your talking about stockton PNP or for that matter all PNP, they know they are the largest PNP place in norcal but I liked the one next door also since it was clean,organized and people are nicer too oh yeah and prices are better including they don't charge for core either, I know what truck your referring too also, its that KC 620 with the 5 spd I was going to grab that up last week but had no time, wait till at least wednesday for 25% off, let me know maybe I could give you a hand, I was thinking of getting the VG33 out of the pathfinder and could always use a little muscle ha ha...

conrad

650-302-5127

hey conrad, Im going back to that yard tomorrow to grab the 5 speed outta that truck and the one out of that yellow z car in there, im in school monday through thursday so I cant go on wed...although I would love to, not only do they not charge a core, they are alot cheaper than pick and rob you blind, anytime your down to go let me know

Donnie

209-808-2377

they best way to deal with these types of cashiers is to scope them out before you actually buy the part. i always hide the part and wait till half day to pay.

i already know which cashiers are dicks, and which ones are cool. every time i see the dicks i go to the next line even if i have to wait all over again. sorry to hear about what happened to you.

this lack of consistency sucks and is present in all pick and pulls.

Yup. Depends on the yard, though. The Ecology yard I went to was all computerized catalog for pricing...no bargaining, no haggling, pay what the computer says. One of my more local yards has a guy and a woman...the woman gives like half the price the guy usually does.

And yes, it's pretty stupid to pull parts first and take them to the counter without knowing the price up front. Look at you...you just basically told them "Hey, I'm buying this no matter what it costs" and they'll ream you, or you just gave someone else free labor by removing it for them and then leaving it when you don't like the price.

ok, they're a bit more than 40.

Item number: 310060130501

They are the Japanese version. bidding for around $30. Shipping at $35 from overseas.

Someone in Brazil used to sell those for $19/pair and much more fair shipping. Also had the clear front lenses and other rare items.

oh wait, these are cheaper. Item number: 260252879512

ok, they're a bit more than 40.

Item number: 310060130501

They are the Japanese version. bidding for around $30. Shipping at $35 from overseas.

Someone in Brazil used to sell those for $19/pair and much more fair shipping. Also had the clear front lenses and other rare items.

oh wait, these are cheaper. Item number: 260252879512

wow, havent seen them in a while, of course i havent been looking either:lol:

got the brake light working now so im good, it would have been a waste of money if I would have done that

Im going back tomorrow for the 5 speed thats in the truck. which i thought was a 4 speed because of the shift knob, but when i checked it, it was a 5 speed, and its only gonna cost me $65

Be sure it's a 5 speed those shifters get so sloppy it's hard to tell what gear you're in. The four speed has a removable inspection cover just forward of the shifter on top of the tail stock, Some of the early 280z cars had them probably because it WAS a 4 spd retrofitted with a 5th gear on the reverse idler and was notoriously 'weak'.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/transearlyzcar4spd.jpg[/img]"]transearlyzcar4spd.jpg

Also, unless the tranny was swapped in, the 5spd was only an option on '77 and older trucks. Check the door tag. If it has inspection cover and is pre '77 it's probably a 4spd.