I DID IT!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That, and the fenders are different (hard to descibe - chunkier looking than 521).

The visual description would be something like "more rounded." The 520 front fenders and hood are rounded and bloated similar the the 411 front end whereas a 521 front is more square reminiscent of a 510. 

See how this 520 dual headlight like yours drops in the front, the hood and fenders drop down that last foot towards the front.

miccvq.jpg

The 521 is more flat, it doesn't drop at all.

DSCN1626.jpg

See how yours drops also in the front, yours has to be a 1967-68, I don't beleave that they had a dual headlight 520 in 1966, and I have never heard of a 1969 520.

Photo-0382_zps46dda829.jpg

If you have a title for a 69, and the VIN tag matches the title, then someone switched the VIN tag to get a title for it, as the VIN tag is only screwed on these vehicles.

I wonder if they went as far as to change the frame, which is unlikely, so the frame number should match the title also, and that number is located right next to the starter on the top of the frame.

DSCN0886.jpg

DSCN0885.jpg

BTW, if you want front turn signals for your truck, there is a new set on ebay right now, these are very hard to find, I would snatch them up now, they may or may not be NOS, but you are not going to find them any where else, this guy is the only one I have ever known to have them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-520-FRONT-PARK-LAMP-SET-NEW-OLD-STOCK-MADE-IN-JAPAN-/271122474960?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2028a7d0&vxp=mtr

tag says l520. cant read the rest since its almost completely faded off

Your fine then, as long as the title is for a 520 also.

I prefer the 521 also, the engine compartment has about 2 1/2 inches more room front to back(radiator mount to firewall).

There have been a few guys that have switched everything from the firewall forward to make a 66 520 single headlight out of there 521, I suppose you could go the other way, make a 521 out of your 520.

I also know a guy that stretched  a 521 so he could put a chevy V8 in it, he took two 521 front ends, and made one longer one, with available parts, you could stretch your 520.  :)

-----------------

What a waste of time. Chevy V8s fit in a stock 521 if you select the right parts, especially if you don't use the long water pump.

You likely know/know of the guy that did it, that truck is still around I beleave, and he towed his race car(SRL311) with it, and he did the modification in one weekend, the only reason for the V8, was to tow the race car.