1971 510 automatic fuse box needed

Like title says, I need a good fuse box for a 1971 510 with an automatic transmission. Mine has been repaired several times with with wire splices and solder and i'm starting to worry about an electrical fire starting. I tried a 1971 4 speed fuse box and the wiring is different, so it has to be from an automatic. Pm me if you have one available.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think it's an AUTOMATIC thing, just a different production year. Does your box have wires coming out from the bottom with white plastic plugs, OR white plastic plugs on the box? And if plugs on the box, how many additional "loose" wires coming out from the bottom, in between the two plugs?

I believe so, but the year model also has something to do with it as well. No one has documented exactly what the differences are to my knowledge. I have had a few different ones and it looked like the plug wiring was the same but the individual wires that come out the center were piggy backed from different locations.

I believe so, but the year model also has something to do with it as well. No one has documented exactly what the differences are to my knowledge. I have had a few different ones and it looked like the plug wiring was the same but the individual wires that come out the center were piggy backed from different locations.

I agree with the above, its a year model thing mostly. I also have several but I would need to know exactly how your application needs to look, The only person I know that knows how to determine which box goes with which year is Rod Eaton, his email is: rod@rodsdatsun.com.

Dean Sherman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.