Hitachi Jets

Zeusimo

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OT to the original question (other than relating to Hitachi), is the rubber boot for the accelerator pump available other than in a carb kit? I don't know if that part is even included in a kit. I have at least 6 Hitachis I tried to rob a boot from and every one is torn. Available from Nissan? Part number? Thanks.

Len

Ah, great! Thanks for the part number. Next time I get to Spokane on a weekday I'll grab a couple and some carb base gaskets. I remembered I have a carb kit for an A14 engine. It has the pump boot, but I'm not sure it is the same size. And I probably need the boot in that kit for the F10 when I get back to working on that project. Also have a kit for a Hitachi 340, but that boot ended up on the 200SX. I have a couple of dead 32/36 Webers and a rebuild kit, but I guess I'm too stubborn to abandon the Hitachis as long as they are still more or less working.

Len

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Used last on the 720 and only $2.50 or so at the Nissan dealer. #16703-73012"

So I tried ordering this part number from two local Nissan dealers.  The first dealer I calledI got an almost immediate response, NLA.

The second dealer did spend some time looking.  After a while, got a "invalid part number" response, and they suggested a weber carb from Baxter's Auto Parts.

Any other ideas on getting an Accelerator pump boot for the Hitachi carb?