Dual SU (1800 SSS ) setup into a 620 cable / linkage info

PtheDude

My dual SU L20b is in my 620. It came out of a 510. VERY different throttle - accelerator cable setups.

I need ideas or even better, pics, of some solutions that others have worked out. I've got a bunch of stuff off a roadster, including the part that will connect my cable to the SU rod.

433DA7B6-A4D9-4321-90C3-F4CF0EA0533A-7519-00000C9875E8214C.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made my own throddle assembly, there are holes on the side of the towers that hold the throddle cable mount assembly, I used them and the stock 521 throddle cable.

My throddle assembly is a push type.

DSCN0394-1.jpg

As you can see in the photo below, I made the throddle cable mount out of a piece of angle, and the cable connection was made out of a pulley from a hangglider.

DSCN0392-1.jpg

DSCN0391.jpg

DSCN0390.jpg

DSCN0395.jpg

DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0400.jpg

• 3 months later...

yep! I sure did, used a trunion from a roadster. almost looks stock.  now I am looking at putting a 73 booster in, so I can run the stock aircleaner box on my SU's

• 4 weeks later...
yep! I sure did, used a trunion from a roadster. almost looks stock.  now I am looking at putting a 73 booster in, so I can run the stock aircleaner box on my SU's

hey I have the same setup as you and I want to run oem airbox as well I have the smaller booster to put in but I think its not going to be enough room. any ideas?

• 2 years later...