My '73 goon

Dirty Evo

couple pics of my 73 goon... original paint... basically all stockexcept for the Z wheels and 240Z seats and steering wheel, but i have the original wheels, seats and steering wheel in a box, along with original owoners manual, original window sticker, original warranty card and book, original bill of sale, etc.... 5 speed.

its one of my daily drivers.

Gets LOTS of attention surprisingly, i never expected that, but i get thumbs up and people askign about it all the time.

I am going to lower it a bit all the way around (not slam it, just give it a sportier look) and that is about it..oh AND CLEAN IT.. it needs a thorough detail. Other than that, just drive and enjoy and keep it running..

I didn't take these photos, there were actually taken by the PO. I really love this car, even though i am a 510 guy, something about this thing is just nice.

Oh, and i threw in a random shot of my old E30 track car (that thing was dialed in! very quick on the track) just for the helluva it, because i miss Hello Kitty car.. my daughter helped me paint the pink with spray cans and helped me put on her stickers (she was 4)... yeah, not a datsun or a 610, but just throwing in it for fun.

my6102.jpg

my6101.jpg

HelloKittycar.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you either pay up front or pay in bits later on! I bought my 73 1800 goon for a couple hundred from the original owners (Santa Ana datsun license plate frame) and dragged it off a mountain, but I have to go through it completely. :)

Hey DirtyE, do you have any engine bay pics? I was looking for a factory vaccum setup as a reference as mine is...lacking. XD

Usually best to get a car that is most complete and in good shape. Saves money and time in the long run. Really like the zx mags and if someone hasn't already commented, let me be the first to say it should be a couple of inches lower. At least.

• Like 1

will get lowered just a bit. the zx wheels are growing on me... was thinking of something maybe a bit more period-correct (early 70's), but not sure. I have a set of 14x7 libres.. just an idea. but i am kinda liking those brown ZX wheels, will look cool when the car is lowered a bit.

Andyw - i will try to get some pics today. have a million chores to do around the house, but plan on doing a little cleaning of the 610 later today so will snap a few then.