KA24 Turbo Or LS1 ?

IRISH DIME

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya expect to catch a lot of bullshit over that question. They arent even close to similar power plants. I think you need to sit down and decide what you want in the end.

If you really got the money I would go LSx lol, its prob lighter then the ka24det with more power on tap right out of the gate. Its prob the less fun of the options though ironically, unless your building a track car...

im sure its heavier by more then that

personaly i would stay away from the ls1 simply cause its a shitload more work alot heavier and will fuck up the balance of the car bad

my opinion is go vg30e there are turbo na and supercharged setups avalable for it so it has the most potential while staying relativly small and having more displacment then the ka

I had a 1990 300 z tt and I loved it, but the engine took up all the room in that car with no room to work at all. Does anyone know the weight for the KA24, LS1 and the vg30?

What i found was

KA24 370lbs

LS1 400 and up is what i found

VG30 550 -600 and up with intercoolers etc

Is this anywhere near accurate?

im sure its heavier by more then that

personaly i would stay away from the ls1 simply cause its a shitload more work alot heavier and will fuck up the balance of the car bad

my opinion is go vg30e there are turbo na and supercharged setups avalable for it so it has the most potential while staying relativly small and having more displacment then the ka

Dont be so sure, a lsx is lighter then a stock datsun L6. There are reasons its so popular and still being used in 100k dollar corvettes. 400hp out of a relatively small, reliable and very light package.

Lunka is pretty close on why its the least fun of the options. All the lsx guys in our z club have other zs they enjoy driving more. Balls out on a track is one thing and fun running around is another.

the weights are accurate I have looked them all up many times. Not exact but accurate. A ka24de-t and a ls1 are just about the same weight only a ka has to be built and run balls out to even try to keep up with a stock or lightly modded lsx.

A vg30dett in a dime is pure gimmick. talk about fucking up a cars balance its like 150+ more lbs then an lsx. To make less power stock vs stock lol ya ok.....

• Like 3

Um the classified section?

Craigslist?

Hell I think you can get a built one shipped from Japan for less than that.

KA24DET really is a great choice. You can make a lot of power while keeping the weight down.

The VG30 does weigh more than an LS1.

Vg30 is Iron.

but a VQ weighs about the same as the KA and there's a lot of VQs laying around.

No one said you did bonvo, lurka did. I dont feel like quoting every person in a thread.

You shouldnt though, push rod heads are smaller and lighter then s or dohc and an all alum block is what it is, light.

466 WITH a gear box AND carb/intake that weighs more then the stock cast plastic intake. Also all accessories. The motor is light, all there is to it....

DSC_0353.JPG

That vg30dett swap is clean and has always made the case for the swap. Gimmicks arent always a bad thing even they have their place. Shit ill take that dime to shows and have a good time doing it lol.