Need help for Pricing on a few parts

sddriver

This isn't for me trying to make a for sale ad. Long story short, the night my family takes my brother to the airport for his deployment, we come back to find his 510 had been t-boned by a neighbor's friend. Really wish we woulda rolled it into the garage before heading out, but what's done is done. The guy did a hit and run, however we're giving him a chance to make this right by just paying for the damage he did. So my question is, on average how much would a replacement driver's side door, window, regulator and locking mechanism cost? This would be for a '71 2 door 510. Thanks in advance everyone.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have several complete doors here that are pretty straight and solid. They have all the glass, locks, etc in them. I sell them for $150 each.

I am across the country though so shipping would be expensive. I am sure you can get a door for about the same or less out your way.

Matching paint can be done. A local shop will probably charge for 3-5 hours to prep and paint a door so $200-$500 or so.

I guess things are much more expensive in Wisconsin :w00t:

. Not sure why though. :confused:

I thought my area would be more being in the nations capital. :rofl:

I would say $500 for parts, and another $1000 for body work, paint and general labor. I would say $1500 at minimum if you give it to a body shop. The hard part is finding a complete door.

Wow. It certainly depends where you are. $150 for a door sounds fine to me.

Funnily enough, over here (despite the increasing rarity of bits for 510's) doors can be found for between $80 to $120 each.

L / H side parts generally fetch a slightly higher price (go figure).

Based on what I've seen on this forum, I'd be fckued if I'd be paying $500 for a door.

I'm with Mike, $150US seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Good luck with getting it fixed.

Thank you all for the reply! I'll see how it goes when I speak with the guy who hit the dime. I haven't told my brother yet, and probably won't until he's at least settled into his new duty station. I'd hate for him to hear the bad news this early. :angry: I'm not too worried on the paint work since the car is currently primered flat black as we were prepping the car for paint as our next step. Looks like glass clean up is now the new step haha. I'm just thankful the frame didn't get damaged at all. I'll start to look at the local CL ads and on various forums for a door to see if there is something near me (San Diego, CA), but if not, I may take you up on your offer of a door qwik510. Thanks again everyone.

Funnily enough, over here (despite the increasing rarity of bits for 510's) doors can be found for between $80 to $120 each.

L / H side parts generally fetch a slightly higher price (go figure).

Based on what I've seen on this forum, I'd be fckued if I'd be paying $500 for a door.

I'm with Mike, $150US seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Good luck with getting it fixed.

More then likely, the doors down there are mostly 4 door doors. I think a 2 door door usually goes for a bit more though.

Before you shake hands on a price take the car to a reputable body shop and have the car put on a frame alignment device. Yes, I know, this is a unibody but the alignment jig will tell you if you have picked up underlying body damage. A new door that can't be fitted is no bargain.