$1,000 For Sale: '79 Datsun 310

This is the two-door fastback version (310gx), original, but faded, robin egg blue I believe. Runs and drives as it is my current daily driver. Just replaced the carb with a rebuilt one from National Carberator that carries a lifetime warranty. For some reason the throttle sticks though. Was considering restoring it as most everything works and appears to be factory, save the radio which appears to be from the mid-80's, and yes that includes rims and the little rim caps. Passenger door handle (exterior) and passenger seat belt latch are the non-working bits. The interior seats and rear storage base cloth could use repair. Additionally, it has a dent in the passenger rear quarter panel, which after reviewing the cost to fix and repaint the car is the reason for the sale. As I like the car and do wish to see it in the hands of someone who can do the needed things to bring it back to a show-worthy car I am posting it here.

It resides in Spokane, WA and no I do not ship, so preference is given to those that can come get it. As such I am reducing the sale price from the assessed value of $1675 to $1000 (no lower) for those that wish to come get it. Trades may be considered only if licencable and running, and I like what I see. Notably I will continue to repair and maintain the vehicle the longer I keep it, but simply don't wish to since I generally work alot and my repairs to the 310 will start to raise it's value and asking price above what most would be willing to pay. People like projects and not finished works so far as I've seen. Pictures will be added as soon as I can find the cable to my camera so I can transfer them to my computer.

The means of starting communication is e-mail: familiars_ghost@yahoo.com

Heading should include Datsun 310. I will also be reviewing this post from time to time, but the frequency will be far less than my regular review of e-mail.

Thank you for your interest and time.

Here are the pics.

bth_SANY0025.jpg?t=1354320433

bth_SANY0020.jpg?t=1354320282

bth_SANY0021.jpg?t=1354320300

bth_SANY0022.jpg?t=1354320316

bth_SANY0023.jpg?t=1354320341

bth_SANY0024.jpg?t=1354320415

bth_SANY0026.jpg?t=1354320492

bth_SANY0027.jpg?t=1354320558

bth_SANY0028.jpg?t=1354320607

bth_SANY0029.jpg?t=1354320708

I hope they generate some interest.

Edited by datzenmike
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Changed the throwout bearing/gears in one of these in my grandparents' driveway in Phoenix.  As i recall, there is a panel in the top of the bell housing that comes off and gives you access to the clutch.  Throwout bearing is all combined with some gears in one unit that can pull out the side (especially after the wheel well is cut up). Had just bought the thing for $100 (rust bucket) and took it on 800 mile trek through the desert to Phoenix.  Should have checked for oil in the tranny first!  Spent 1100 miles limping along.  Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, about not being able to respond faster, and thanks for using the email that I at least see more often. hope everything is going well for you since last we spoke. only new updates on it are some new headlights (since one low beam went out). good luck all, and look forward to hearing from any buyers still.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay update. Car got some new $400 tires, but on an inspection and oil change turns out it is leaking a small amount of oil. Now I got three options sell it quickly and let someone who likes these things deal with it, tear it apart to sell on ebay/craiglist and crush the rest for recyclable cash, tear it apart and start a full resto-mod project. Considering my desire to work on this car as it just isn't my thing I would prefer sale. So, I've changed the Price to $800 hoping a fan will take it as I hate to see a good car die. If it is not picked up soon the second option will likely com into play since option three just doesn't hit me as something I want to do. Please contact as soon as possible at familiars_ghost@yahoo.com otherwise as soon as my truck is fixed the car meets it's end.

• 2 weeks later...

update

It should make it down there just fine. just remember that this a car made to go 55mph on a freeway, not 70mph. It really doesn't like it, so you'd have to plan your route accordingly. Second suggestion, and I think this is true for any older car, is to remember to check your oil with each gas fill-up. it does well enough that I only change it as I normally would (3000 miles), but it doesn't mean you shouldn't look. As for the june timetable, the only problem is that we are in the process of getting ready for a property sale and move. While I don't expect to see the property sold that fast, if it is I will not be taking the little car with me. I can hold off parting it out until then though. Hope that helps.

response to:

Hello,
I'm interested in the Datsun...Will it make it to Los Angeles driving?
If so...I start my vacation in the second week of June...Thats when I can pick it up if you are willing to wait.
Thanks,

As to garaging the car, I like to, but I don't think it was most of it's life as the pictures show above. I still feel that proper car care involves good treatment, hence the garage.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.