canby on fathers day?

i was thinking about it and wondering if anyone else really likes that canby lies on fathers day. do any of you have dads or children that share your love for dattos and are going with you? its too bad my dad never got one of his going in time for the show but we are bringing mine. but itll be a great oppurtunity to spend some good time with my dad which hasnt happened too much lately unless were workin on his dime.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We did have discussion about the Fathers day thing a few months ago. Most of us don't like that the show is that day. I almost didn't go this year because of that. However, I do have plans with my dad that evening so I'm heading out right away once the show is over. i'm bringin my daughter with me this weekend.

I'm really hoping that Canby is planned for the Sunday AFTER fathers day next year.

510freak very kindly offered me a ride to Canby in the back of his goon, or was that ON the back!:D But too short notice. Mrs datzen is out of town for the week too! All the stars are in alignment for a trip. Ahh cruel fate!! I have responsibilities at home this weekend on top of getting my truck on the road to being on the road. Already planning for next year.

But, I will be spending some time with my boy, damn he's 27 in Aug. hardly a boy now. He's taking me to a car show, same as last year. Also, I will be calling my dad in Ontario on Father's Day. Damn, he's 88 last Jan. I wonder what he sees when he looks back and sees his two sons, and their sons and daughters????

We are all, someone's, son or daughter.

Kinda weird that I plan a trip to Canby and last week I found my sister via the internet after almost 10 years (she as well as my dad and brother live in Oakridge Or.) and sent an email telling her that I would be in Canby she responded, my dad and brother and her are now going to be meeting me to spend some time together... it will be the first time that I have seen my family from up there in years and probably the first time I will have spent time with my dad on or near fathers day in my life (and I'm 35). I know that it upset some of you that it falls on this weekend but for me it holds something special. cant wait :D

WHAT:eek: its the best thing ever cause on fathers day we get to do what we want and as datsun freak what better weekend could i have beside racing its a family event and if your family cant support ur love:eek: for Datsuns iam really sorry for u:(

WHAT:eek: its the best thing ever cause on fathers day we get to do what we want and as datsun freak what better weekend could i have beside racing its a family event and if your family cant support ur love:eek: for Datsuns iam really sorry for u:(

i started this because im happy for it to be on fathers day. my dad is who started me liking dattos. he still has 6 right now. we'll be racing this weekend too, my sister has a 3 day kart race in tacoma and ill be there friday and might get some track time:D. then my brother will pit for her saturday and sunday. racing and dattos in one weekend, what more could you ask for?

I'm a fan for it to be on Fathers day but then again I'm not. Normally its the week before this other 4x4 show that I attend which is cool. Remember guys fathers day is early this year. Next year it can be on the same weekend and not be Fathers day I believe. My dad and all my brothers are into datsuns and all have one or two or three:lol: but my dad may not attend this year cause of the politics that were involved with the two clubs......he doesn't want any part of bad blood so has probably decided to go on a hike with a bunch of friends. I am trying to talk him into it. I hate the crap that went on between some people but that doesn't stop my love for datsuns or the people that own them. Just remember there is another datsun show at Blue Lake park later this year.

Guest 510kamikazifreak
510freak very kindly offered me a ride to Canby in the back of his goon, or was that ON the back!:D But too short notice. Mrs datzen is out of town for the week too! All the stars are in alignment for a trip. Ahh cruel fate!! I have responsibilities at home this weekend on top of getting my truck on the road to being on the road. Already planning for next year.

But, I will be spending some time with my boy, damn he's 27 in Aug. hardly a boy now. He's taking me to a car show, same as last year. Also, I will be calling my dad in Ontario on Father's Day. Damn, he's 88 last Jan. I wonder what he sees when he looks back and sees his two sons, and their sons and daughters????

We are all, someone's, son or daughter.

Hmm Mike ,Never thought of that,I can stuff you in the trunk(4dr we taking) (hehhehe)Offer still stands if you decide..;)

I do get to keep in close contact with my folks,

usually see them once a week..

My Dad understands hes a car guy(old skool rides)

And will see them on Monday..;)

if your talking about the Barlow Point 4x4 show it has been killed no more it's done. I have been in that for the last 3years and now becaues of "insurance resons" :fu: it was just too loud :fu:

na I am talking about the one in Woodland. Its the same day as the towns car show for Planters Day.