Just got my Datsun home (new guy here)

Vega

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a15s usually have smaller intake ports

Not really true. It's about as true as A14 with small intake ports, which many do.

1979 A15 has B210-style (dry) oval port head

1980 A15 has new style (wet) oval port head

1981-1982 USA has medium-size oval port head (just like A14 for the same years)

Canadian A15s all have oval port heads as i understand

B210 A14 has small round-port heads if they come from a 5-speed car. Ditto for some B310 A14 & A15.

Also, i see some people with spoilers under the front bnumper, what are people using to fab these? as i assumed these are fabbed?

If you're talking about this style spoiler:

crappy_005s.jpg

Those are not custom fabbed, they are available new here: http://classicdatsun.com/new/1200_Parts.html

It's listed as a 1200 spoiler, but it fits a B210 better than it fits a 1200. :P

Offset is unrelated to diameter.

Stock B210 wheel offset is +30 which centers the wheel within the wheelwell. So +30 is very good unless the wheel is so wide it hits the spring. Then you have to lessen the offset but that pushes the wheel outside and out of the fender (fender flares may be needed).

I haven't measured a B210, but for 7" wide wheel on B110 a +10 to +15 works. So that will probably work on B210 also. You can measure your wheelwell to make sure. A 7" wide wheel is about 8" wide.

Tires are normally wider than the wheel unless you fit narrower tires than the wheel is designed for.

OR, will these fit? i guess im concerned about the rubbing and clearance.

\

http://www.ebay.com/...d5ee541&vxp=mtr

I prefer these

An 8" wide +20 wheel is going to rub the leaf springs in the back. I fit up a 15x8 +0 and it was only 3mm off rubbing the leaf spring.

If you have B210 front struts, a +20 should work up there, but you'll need something closer to +0 to fit in the rear. And you'll need to stretch a 195/50-15 on it and roll the front and rear fender lips.

I know its coming...grab a broomhandle or Louisville slugger, wedge between inner fender lip and tire, and have a buddy SLOWLY roll the car forward and back. Start with a little roll and keep going until youre happy. You may end up having to make a cut about every two inches or so because as the lip rolls in, it will need to stretch and expand. Cuts will be closer together in tighter areas of radius. And obviously further apart as the radius straightens some. Dont rush this or you will have a goofy lookin car until you get your new flares in the mail.