WTB 510 Map light switch.... Bought it!!! Thank you Ratsunites!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that the map lights are VERY rare here in the States, cuz they were not available to this market, from the factory. They may have been sold as a "kit" over the parts counter, like the factory tachs. The white plastic lens is in all of the USA-spec cars, right above the radio, but if you pull the radio panel, chances are the actual map light is not there. You are likely simply missing the plastic plug that went in the spot where the switch would have been on a non-USA-spec car! Wasn't it a clear red plug that was a seatbelt warning light?? And yes, the heater control panel still had the lettering on the face for the switch, but again, I don't think they were ever sold in the cars.

Actually my car just came from California. It's the green 1971 2dr Automatic car that went through Ebay about a month back. I bid just to have fun bidding, and my bid met reserve and no one else bid against me. My luck, this car is the most solid 510 I've ever seen! And Complete aside from the missing knob "map light switch" in the upper right corner of the center dash. The guy that listed it on Ebay failed to mention it was also a one owner car. It still has all the jack parts including the tire chalks, I've never seen those before. My owner's manual shows a picture of the switch, but no explanation. Maybe yenpit is correct that my car is just missing the plug. And thinking about it, that is probably why there is no switch behind the empty hole. That also explains why 1972 went to the ugly fasten seat belt light in that location.

024.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.