Wanted: Newer style Mitsubishi alternator plug pigtail

Looking for this style of alternator plug pigtail (need the wiring pigtail & plug that goes into the alt), found on later model mitsubish made alternators. I think it's the same plug used by Nissan in many late model vehicles:

nissan_alternator%20copy.jpg

15512-rear.jpgC1900.jpg

Let me know if you can clip one from an old harness and how much you want for it!

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have that style in my 710. It's an S13 KA alt but I've seen them ... actually it didn't have the plug I got it from a VG30 motor in a Pathfinder. I think I saw one on an '86 Hardbody too.... So mid late 80s and all '90s cars and trucks have them.

71080ampKAaltswap001Large.jpg

No need to steal it.

You can just take the original old style T-connector, and pull the wire ends out of the plug, then plug then into the back of the new alternator (without a plastic plug). Just use the two bare spade connectors.

Or go to Pick-n-Pull. Only $2 for a connector.

No need to steal it.

You can just take the original old style T-connector, and pull the wire ends out of the plug, then plug then into the back of the new alternator (without a plastic plug). Just use the two bare spade connectors.

Or go to Pick-n-Pull. Only $2 for a connector.

That's how I have it setup right now. My old alt, which I think was a PO swap as well, had an adapter pigtail so I just pulled the spades out of the alt side and have it hooked up to my '94 Eagle Talon alt that I swapped in (good fit, but required some custom mods that I don't think others would be able to easily replicate). But, since the spades don't have a very positive locking mechanism, I'd like to get the correct plug. I tried the Saturn alt swap, but the Saturn alt really doesn't fit the 521 very well as it hits the idler arm grease fitting which limits its adjustment range considerably, and the upper mount doesn't interface well with the stock adjustment arm. The Talon alt has the upper mount in a much better position, but I did flip the stock adjustment arm over so that the offset would match better. I also had to cut down the old alternator pulley spacer and use the old v-pulley on the Talon alt, plus grind down a small bump on the lower mount that prevented the alt from sliding all the way onto the stock lower mount. All in all it ended up fitting very nicely with about a 1" longer belt, and now my lights are a lot brighter and put out good constant voltage.

The closest Pick-n-pull is 230 miles away...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.