gasoline in oil

dirtdawg

whats up guys, hoping you can help me out

I've been getting fuel in the oil and not sure exactly what has been causing it. The car is a 240z with roundtop su's

I originally replace the mechanical fuel pump thinking it was the diaphragm causing the leak for gas to get mixed with oil.

Thought i had fixed it with that but checked the dipstick the other day and sure enough there's gas in the oil pan, pretty much no viscosity left in the oil.

So im guessing it has something to do with the carbs thats causing the problem but im not sure exactly where to start.

Any help is appreciated!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If running rich enough to soak the cylinders and get past the rings it would run poorly and have black smoke out the tailpipe. The plugs would be sooty and maybe wet also. Possibly a carb is draining overnight? In the morning take the air filter off and lift the slides and look in with a flashlight.

*check for busted carb float(s)

*Bad fuel pump diaphram leaking straight into engine ( but you already replaced )

*Mixture screw(s) dialed out to far ? (not super likely but could be )

*Condition of needle/seat in carb ? ( or check if haven't in a while )

have you cleaned/tuned/sync your SU carbs lately ?

What are your spark plugs telling you

The carbs havent been cleaned but they have a rough tune and sync that i did. The idle is a bit high but its running fairly well.

Spark plugs look fairly good if not running a bit rich. ill go ahead and check the carb floats, i havnt done that yet.

And no it isnt an automatic, 4 speed manual