Raiders in Wyoming!

herculesinwyoming

Made the 500 mile round trip to buy Mr Raiders King Cab this weekend.

The trip had its normal unexpected issues, and scott was more than willing to help me out. In true ratsun style.

His truck looks repairable but even fixed i don't think it would ever be quite right again. As it sits right now my plan is to put his solid drive train in to my truck with a better body.

I was about ready to give up on my 620 since parts are almost impossible to find out here. The Mr Raiders King Cab now has given me a new motivation.

Any parts i don't use will be available to anyone that can use them.

20120930_132816.jpg

20120930_145616.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda wierd seing my 620 with someone else. But glad it went to you Mike. Thanks for the props. Funny thing, The neighbor tried to say that you hit my 72 VW bus...haha, He was all, it was that guy that parked the trailer with the truck on it, I seen the whole thing, he was saying...I started laughing and said, dude, thats my truck on that trailer, an I seen the damage to the Vdub before he even came around the corner. Dumbass is all I was thinking in my head. After an hour of questioning them, I finally got it figured out. An older guy in a cadilac escalade backed into it the night before and didn't now what to do so he left. I got his full name and phone number tho, so we will see what happens. Glad the trip went good, hope you have a good time with the engine swap. gonna have to keep me posted and put up some pics so we all know it really happened...haha.

I will be sure to keep you updated, that deal with your bus was messed up, VW runs in my family blood.

No way i travled this far to be one of them " i am going to fix it up one day" people. The work starts tomorrow, maybe the raiders tailgate will go on my truck for a while.

the lowering blocks are going on mine too, i will get a better look in the morning i expect to find much more to swap. i want to put the bed corners on mine will have too look into that idea.

• 3 weeks later...