MG carbs fit A14?

izzo

I've tried for the last 20 minutes scanning thru ratsun and the 1200 forum and can't find a positive answer...

I found a 72 MGB GT getting parted/scrapped. Has a set of dome top carbs on it. Curious as to if it would work for the A14? I have tried searching around with out a clear answer.

It has the manifold, too. I can get that also if it'd work.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are SU's just like the hitachi ones on datsuns. To see if they will work for you, you have to check the flange bolt pattern and bore. I doubt highly the manifold with work on an L series.

I believe the bolt pattern is different at the flange and the bore seems really small on the ones I have seen. So I honestly dont think its worth the effort, which is prob why you dont find anything. You can check though....

Datsuns all use a 4 bolt square pattern, I think the mgb uses like a hexagon pattern.

You want a set of proper su's? I have a set of rebuilt ones with performance needles I plan to sell lol

If hes sending it to the scrapper you should buy them anyway because you can clean them up and sell them to MGB guys. Money is money.

Also the 1st pic you posted is showing the front of the carbs while the 2nd is the rear. It actually looks like some may use a 4 bolt square pattern. I googled and it seems some do, as well as some seem to be 1 3/4 bore which would be fine for any L series. The issue is they change flanges, bore, float location etc... through different years and models so who the hell knows whats on the one your talking about.

There is a possibility though go check em out. Worse case is you buy them and have to resell them for a small profit lol.

Datsuns all use a 4 bolt square pattern, I think the mgb uses like a hexagon pattern.

You want a set of proper su's? I have a set of rebuilt ones with performance needles I plan to sell lol

20102171911bmp.jpg

There are SEVERAL different bolt pattern su carbs for datsuns. Great conviction tho, you had me second guessing myself lol