Olympus Rally coverage.

HRH

Can't post much from the phone, but I will update videos later after I get home. I willsay I got Ken Block's autograph on his bitching poster and I shook his hand and took some pics. So far my late vacation is turning out better than I thought.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, finally back home. I'm beat. Think I did about 900 miles or so this weekend. Stopped at the sand dunes on the way back too. I'll do a bunch of updating for videos tomorrow. It's my last day of vacation, :(

Here's one for you guys!

kenblock.jpg

Okay, here are some videos. I'm alternating between the garage and the computer at the moment. But I suppose most of you are at work while I'm enjoying my last day of vacation. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBbOvYNEnIs

Here's a professional video, which was pretty much the only way to watch this rally due to the spectating restrictions this year.

This sounds like it would be fun to go to (maybe more-so if they allowed you to spectate along the course). I'll have to try to make mental note to check into it next year.

Ohhhh, the ML dunes. Jesus, I have so many ridiculous memories from there. My parents live about a mile from the SE entrance/exit. So many unbelievable ragers on holiday weekends..... I can't believe I lived to remember some of them :sleep: I also use to take my little 1981 Subaru GL out there on occasion and tool around on some of the little hills. That thing performed impressively well out there.

Looks like you and Molly had a cool trip. When I talked to you Sat., I didn't really understand what you were going to, other than something rally related. Now I know. The #96 humpback Saab is a real time traveler. I always wanted one of those, although I've gotten over that urge.

I had a pretty good day. Fun at P&S getting the struts. On the way out of town I saw a Dino Ferrari, two 356 Porches, and a real live 510 (white, 2-door, no front bumper, lowered)! And I didn't have to drive 100s of miles. But then I didn't get to meet Ken Block, so I'm pretty sure you had the better weekend!

Len