1971 510 2 dr. L20b turbo conversion to carb

Dattokai

I wish my paint was clean as yours. And I wish mine was a blue plate, I have the original blue plate but it's all rusted and cut. 

It's not bad but I have a few dings here and there, not bad but I guess it's pretty good compared to some supposed og paint cars, your rims and tires really set it off for me man. these 17s are cool and all but I can't achieve the low I want running them. I was set on 16s after this set but I think I may go 15s with the same tire, I really like how it turned out whiting the letters.  anyways keep up the progress man i'm really enjoying this thread 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not bad but I have a few dings here and there, not bad but I guess it's pretty good compared to some supposed og paint cars, your rims and tires really set it off for me man. these 17s are cool and all but I can't achieve the low I want running them. I was set on 16s after this set but I think I may go 15s with the same tire, I really like how it turned out whiting the letters.  anyways keep up the progress man i'm really enjoying this thread 

Thanks, I saw the other 510 in your thread with the Panasports. That one looks clean too. 

It's been repainted, thats a customer car that will be for sale soon. It's running an na sr and It's extremely loud, it needs a silencer

Should have went KA! Haha, joking. I like both swaps but like the KA's a bit more, but I don't mind N/A/ SR's. 

My friend (521 guy) brought me an old school lip, the Bomi lip. My dad had one on his 510, and now I've got one! Except both are messed up so he's going to try the fix the one my friend brought.

My friend's, or mine now, has barely any damage compared to my dad's.

And going to try to fit my Mazda mirrors my friend (Z guy) brought me. 

Should have went KA! Haha, joking. I like both swaps but like the KA's a bit more, but I don't mind N/A/ SR's. 

My friend (521 guy) brought me an old school lip, the Bomi lip. My dad had one on his 510, and now I've got one! Except both are messed up so he's going to try the fix the one my friend brought.

My friend's, or mine now, has barely any damage compared to my dad's.

And going to try to fit my Mazda mirrors my friend (Z guy) brought me. 

That thing hauls ass for it being na, I need to get my head rebuilt but I'm waiting until next week to put it in the shop. Shouldn't be too hard to fix your lip unless its completely trashed. What kind of Mazda mirrors you got for it?

That thing hauls ass for it being na, I need to get my head rebuilt but I'm waiting until next week to put it in the shop. Shouldn't be too hard to fix your lip unless its completely trashed. What kind of Mazda mirrors you got for it?

Very alike to this. I'm going to post a photo of the lip and mirrors soon. 

69001_287405768030948_37585442_n.jpg

310250_287405514697640_2091244665_n.jpg

First to start off the day was to trim the lip my friend gave us. 

UW8MfmN.jpg

VnLBWEj.jpg

sFpwEQ1.jpgDecided to not go with the lip, it was not bolted on either. It's on my dad's 510 now.

And then mirrors.

wJl3vd6.jpg

qVzLS6c.jpg

g3qfs4i.jpg

fPTV5ns.jpg

J6IQIlK.jpg

h0XzTY5.jpg

The passenger mirror is as clean and clear as the driver's, probably just angle. 

This differential came with the 510. What type is it? My friend said it's a Subaru LSD. Is he correct? 

nSXsvr1.jpg

miMIzYz.jpg

j68KB9O.jpg

hnG9CW5.jpg

Rear speaker deck was remade in carbon fiber. So were the rear passenger door panels, except one more needs some retouching.

5wf7GyW.jpg

V3xyFPv.jpg

Maybe a Buddha shift knob in the near future..?

HpCoSJj.jpg

And just some pretty photos.

OjQPcn3.jpg

Ha79rll.jpg

S0xrpMS.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not feelin that lip, I think the bre spook air dam would look better. Mirrors look good and the rear speaker deck is a nice touch did you make it yourself? I was just going to put speakers without a deck but I kinda want a carbon fiber one now.

I'm not feelin that lip, I think the bre spook air dam would look better. Mirrors look good and the rear speaker deck is a nice touch did you make it yourself? I was just going to put speakers without a deck but I kinda want a carbon fiber one now.

Yeah, I didn't like the lip either. My dad is doing all the carbon fiber interior. A couple pages before, I posted a photo of like three carbon fiber sheets. And I want this lip.

aUcVbds.jpg

The other lip looks better like this, how they originally are. 1lvMSOnh.jpg

Yeah, I didn't like the lip either. My dad is doing all the carbon fiber interior. A couple pages before, I posted a photo of like three carbon fiber sheets. And I want this lip.

aUcVbds.jpg

The other lip looks better like this, how they originally are. 1lvMSOnh.jpg

Yea that looks much better, tell your dad thoes carbon pieces are nice

Right on, how's the new rim and tires ride?

Only have rolled it so far. But the tires are brand new, it sure does feel easier to push though. 

Can't wait to polish the lips and faint the face gold.

I just wish I had the caps!!! I don't know who to ask for caps. I might message Hayashi about that. 

Only have rolled it so far. But the tires are brand new, it sure does feel easier to push though. 

Can't wait to polish the lips and faint the face gold.

I just wish I had the caps!!! I don't know who to ask for caps. I might message Hayashi about that. 

Try those jdm rare wheel sites, I've been looking for rear center caps and locks for my ssr gp-0im missing two :( what else Di you need to get your cat running?

Try those jdm rare wheel sites, I've been looking for rear center caps and locks for my ssr gp-0im missing two :( what else Di you need to get your cat running?

Wiring, alternator, radiator.

Possibly more I just can't remember.

Or if you really mean my cat, I just have to make eye contact with him and he runs away. 

Planning to have it repainted white and silver. White all around, silver BRE stripe with the tail light and license plate area silver. Also pillar vents being silver. 

ngjefg8535c3306ds3yp.jpg

1969_Datsun_510_Turbo_For_Sale_Front_res

I'm interested in seeing how that turns out, I'm probably going to repaint og color if I can't choose anything

What kind of differential is this?

hnG9CW5.jpgj68KB9O.jpg

miMIzYz.jpg

nSXsvr1.jpg

No clue on the diff bro, try posting it in the drivetrain thread or google image search

I'm interested in seeing how that turns out, I'm probably going to repaint og color if I can't choose anything

No clue on the diff bro, try posting it in the drivetrain thread or google image search

When the official paint job comes, I'm going with original orange.