Project 910R

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

And Coil overs go a long way... And once you do that using 300ZX TT front brakes are possible as a bolt on. Luckily all things S13 are priced very low so that makes that solution easy.

Swap the strut caps to retain the correct bolt pattern up top!

As soon as the lift is free again Ill put the 910 up and take some pictures of the progress and end result.

If I could change the H190 in the back Id run the the S13 rear end as well, I have everything to run 350Z wheels(5lug).

• 1 month later...

Been slow on this project with the bluey to work on.

I removed the dash today though and got the new pedal assembly in.

BTW 200sx pedals are NOT the same. I had to use 910 pedals.

Clutch MC in, getting the line in now.

I sorted the power steering out earlier this week.

I used the conversion bits for an RB 240sx swap, and re-flared one of the lines for the 910 rack and cut the stock 910 low pressure side for the return to the tank.

I have a front mount intercooler, but I think Im gonna use the R34 side mount as it fits well, and a FMIC is a royal pain for fitment esp if Im gonna keep the stock intake manifold on the NEO.

I ended up using the RB20 mounts, spacing them out 1/2" on the driver side and 3/4" on the passenger side for the 910 cross member. I also had to cut the mounts and shift them back 1/2" to fit the isolators. I notched the cross member to clear the RB oil pan. I have no idea how guys are "bolting" in RB20's... it  doesnt fit without modification.

A lot came up and I didnt finish the 240sx stuff. Its all sitting around waiting for me to get back to it.

I did clean the entire bottom of the car and painted the bottom side flat black and all the suspension bits gloss black though.

2013-10-07114515_zps88dccc90.jpg

Progress is progress I wish I could do this to my 810, mine will most probably be more pain in the ass to fit an RB and I will have to do the 280zx turbo rack & pinion and steering column and get rid of my steering box. I like the 350z wheels on the 910 they fit the car!

front struts from the s13 with Z32 TT brakes and isis hubs. I didnt keep the 5 lug stuff though. I was tempted to use the S13 rear sub frame in the rear, but its so much work I just want to get it running first. And the 350Z wheels would probably rub the fenders even with a roll... 18" wheels were just to big to drop it. And I want to drop this thing. The S13 rack will give you more clearance at the turbo down pipe area. The maxima/280zx racks have large head units. Check the http://aussiebluebirds.com forums for the s13 front cross member swap info. Real common over there. Ive got almost everything to do it, but time.

• 1 month later...

not tryin to bust balls but i don't think it is. the 1st gen SA/FB RX-7 had both inlet and outlet on the front.

Only some of them. I was just staring two dead in the face an hour ago. both were the side/top configuration like the one shown. I think the late SA have them, and all FC have them. While the early SA have the ones out the front.

heres one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAZDA-FC-FC3S-RX-7-RX7-Oil-Cooler-S4-S5-86-91-ROTARY-/161145142714?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2584ffbdba&vxp=mtr

Only some of them. I was just staring two dead in the face an hour ago. both were the side/top configuration like the one shown. I think the late SA have them, and all FC have them. While the early SA have the ones out the front.

heres one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAZDA-FC-FC3S-RX-7-RX7-Oil-Cooler-S4-S5-86-91-ROTARY-/161145142714?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2584ffbdba&vxp=mtr

thanks =) well needed correction =P

Just had an 83 910 Sedan Diesel factory 5spd drop in my lap for $300. So now I have 2 910's. Rolling with the LD28 in the sedan... Must find an L29et exhaust manifold!

The 910R is coming along slowly. Ive had a bunch of customer projects keeping me busy, which is good.

Im working on getting some 2" lowering blocks for the wagon next. Ill have to come up with a name for the sedan and get it some attitude soon. I have some suspension stuff around here... Rolling Coal down low!

• Like 1