Project 910R

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for you 910 guys with gas engines.

A buddy of mine says the efi harness goes through the bulkhead from the dash to the engine bay between the clutch master cylinder and inner fender at about the same height as the clutch master. I dont have a hole there on my diesel car... which was unexpected as nissan also just punches the bodies for multi models and fills the holes with plugs in my experience. Can you guys confurm this for one and two, can someone post a picture of the harness?

Thanks guys

It is on the drivers side of the firewall. They really dont have a rubber plug there for it? There was a plug for my clutch master, my car was auto, and I converted it. no drilling or anything. I actually thought it came in on the passenger side through that grommet, but that is the chassis, I confirmed this with the service manual.

Here is a picture of the engine harness.

IMAG0216_zps4763cdd0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

For good measure:

Here is the 83 Maxima Sedan I picked up for $300. I have about $600 into it total and its a good running factory 5spd

20131129_120312_zps0e41af75.jpg

20131129_120327_zps976805f2.jpg

20131116_144737_zpse245b368.jpg

20131209_151850_zps8d54b56d.jpg

More HERE http://s81.photobucket.com/user/rayaapp2/library/1983%20Datsun%20Maxima%20Sedan

I got my hands on a FACTORY Turbo setup for the LD28 as well.

It turns out the cummins VE pump and early 1.8L VW pumps have the aneroid I need to compensate for boost. Eventually Ill name this one and give it, its own thread.

Wow, just wow, Where on earth did you find a factory turbo setup for an LD28?? They are all myth and rumor!!! YOU MUST POST OICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am mega jealous, but that is totally awesome man.

I see that (blurry) pic of what looks like a twin turbo setup in your photobucket???

Jesco was a company out of ceres ca that had industrial stuff. The oil pan is an LD28 oil pan but instead of a front sump like the maxima it was a mid sump like this one:

359_2.jpg

Some baffles and you have a nice high cap pan for a gas Z car or easy LD swap into a zcar.

The LD28t was a factory single turbo.

LD28_turbo_side_show_turbo_b.jpg

20131212_120940_zps83bc6ee6.jpg

ATTESA Traction Control... for Pussys! BAH! Be Gone!

EDIT:

Since I am so close... and it seems to be a tradition for me to finish an RB transplant between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and because my Saturday Job just rescheduled, Im gonna jump on the 910 tomorrow and Saturday... Fingers crossed, and hope I havent forgotten any major steps, I will have this thing around the block on its own power before the weekend is up.... FINGERS CROSSED! :hyper:

EDIT: So I got lucky, and I was able to use an Series one or 2 throttle cable mount(slotting one of the holes slightly), and a S13 throttle cable with the mounting end at the pedal slotted and trimmed... but I dont have functional cruise control like this and there is no other reason why I cannot keep the Cruise Control.

S15 silvia seats. They nearly bolt in. I have to change the rear 2 bolting points and bent the front tabs slightly.... They are way comfortable too!

DSC05503%5B1%5D%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

They bolt into an S13 chassis so I figured since the S13 and 910 are so similar the seats might be close and they were!