280z vs 280zx strut assemblies

So Ive heard of 280zx strut housings being used for their bigger brakes etc, my question is, are they different than 280z hubs, strut tubes etc?

theres a 280z nearby in a junkyard and I was wondering if the z and zx have the same hub where the rotors seat, caliper bolt pattern etc.

Already have made stock 210 strut tubes into coilovers and they work great, but now with my recent swap im in need of bigger brakes and if 280z stuff is the same Id probably make em again with the z tubes. also have a set of zx rotors and q45 calipers sitting in my garage which I heard in passing may bolt up?.

thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.... Ok man, altho its covered on ever corner of the cracker.

There way different, let me count the ways.

. Length of tube

. Diameter of tube

. Spring dia

Spendle size

Spendle angle

Brakes are completely different

There other stuff but you get the point.

Get zx, maxima, 240sx struts,

Zx and maxima are the easist fit.

so 280z stuff is completely different and therefore of no use whatsoever? Its weird that they would use different stuff on z vs zx, Sorry Ive searched but couldnt find anything specifically about z as opposed to zx hardware. just to clarify Im not asking about zx vs 210 strut housings, asking if z and zx stuff is the same. If you got that already than I apologize in advance.

so 280z stuff is completely different and therefore of no use whatsoever?

this is correct.

Its weird that they would use different stuff on z vs zx, Sorry Ive searched but couldnt find anything specifically about z as opposed to zx hardware.

the Z and ZX are two totally different body styles. pretty much the only thing they shared was the drivetrain.

• 4 months later...